CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

no new episode tomorrow?

They're gonna take 2 weeks off I think.

Wise move for this week though since The Voice will air a 2-hour show instead of the usual Tueday/1hr, that will surely cut into AoS rating even further.

I'm guessing during filming they nicknamed tonight's episode "The One With All The Feels"

The second half of the episode starting from Coulson's sitdown with the firefighter is a barrage of punches to the character emotion solar plexus

Yay, the show is getting better. Good mix of funny and drama. I'm now perfectly comfortable watching the rest of this season.

Even Ward has a Ward impression!

The Coulson hints were being dropped thick and heavy tonight though. Almost too thick and heavy.

This was yet another episode that drew from what was established in the movies. I'm glad they went with the alien virus angle. Alien visitors would in fact be likely to bring extra visitors, just like human astronauts would be likely to bring extra tagalongs to Mars some day. War Of The Worlds was sci-fi at it's finest, and yet it seems like that idea hardly ever gets trotted out.

I've pretty much given up on the show (I just vastly prefer Arrow for a comic book style fix) ... I usually have it on, but I don't really pay attention unless Skye is on the screen. :lol:

Of course, in 2 weeks the episode follows Thor The Dark World, so I'll be interested in that.

Edited by Adam

Yes.

I don't know what people were expecting, but this show is following the general Whedon formula with some standard "agent show" elements.

Generally speaking Whedon formula works for me (Buffy, Angel & Firefly) ... but it's just not working for me here ... I just don't care about these people. 

Of course, you know what the 'casual audience' was expecting ... it's the reason the ratings have plunged from a demo of 4.7 (I think) to like a 2.8 last week.  Many who left simply don't give a shit about the 'agents of shield' at this point  ... they saw Marvel and assumed too much in terms of who might show up regularly.

Edited by Adam

Yes.

I don't know what people were expecting, but this show is following the general Whedon formula with some standard "agent show" elements.

I don't know, I just find this show too generic and dull. The characters in the other Whedon shows were much more likable. 

i'm watching but yeah i hate to say its boring , there's no wow factor or real emotional attachment for me

i'm watching because its marvel and because i do like coulson and may , the twins geeks are ok , but general team chemistry just isnt there

but yeah i don't look forward to the next episode but i'm not bored out of my mind to point i can't bring myself to watch it like i have revolution last year still havent seen the 2nd half of season 1 

Seems to be slipping even without The Voice competition: 18-49 rating / 18-49 Share / Viewers Live+SD (million) CBS NCIS 2.9 / 8 / 19.18ABC S.H.I.E.L.D. 2.5 / 7 / 7.15NBC The Biggest Loser 2.1 / 6 / 6.82FOX Dads 1.4 / 4 / 3.65CW The Originals 0.9 / 3 / 2.03