acsc1312

Film Club- Revamped! Suggest films

This sounds fun, and I rarely watch older movies even though I wish I could. This could give me some motivation so I'd probably be in. I'd be fine with (500) Days of Summer; I've only seen the first half, and have been meaning to finish it.

So, I'm gonna try this again, since we didn't have much success on BOM before the move. This works like a book club. We select a film, watch it, discuss. You participate when you can, etc etc. Let me know if you're interested, and suggest films. It would be really fun if we can keep it going.

I like this idea but I'd be a poor club member. It's hard for me to watch something I know I won't like. But I'll give it a try. I think what would be helpful is to have some set discussion points like acting, score, cinematography, plot, pace etc. and of course whether you liked our hated it. Just a suggestion. Edited by ECSTASY

I never get tired of (500) Days, so I'd be ok with that if everyone agrees. And this will go much more quickly than a book club does, so we won't wait a month to watch a new film. Yes, we will discuss all of the points ECSTASY suggested. I'll try to tailor questions for each film, but sometimes films are just fun and not "made for a reason."

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

FYI: BOF was an acronym for an old box office site (Box Office Fanatics). I'm assuming the title here of "BOF Film Club" is meant to refer to Boxoffice.com -- which if that's the case, BO or BX (an acronym we use a lot) might be more appropriate.Just my two cents. :)

I never get tired of (500) Days, so I'd be ok with that if everyone agrees. And this will go much more quickly than a book club does, so we won't wait a month to watch a new film. Yes, we will discuss all of the points ECSTASY suggested. I'll try to tailor questions for each film, but sometimes films are just fun and not "made for a reason."

I so agree with that. And sometimes you can be moved by them for no obvious reason except that you are. I was just suggesting a few things to keep the conversation going. Nothing set in stone.

• Founder / Operator

Yeah, I always get confused with it. I meant it as Box Office Forums to differentiate from the website, but if you give the blessing, I'll just use BO. I'd actually never seen BX used. Pretty cool.

Yea, its more of an internal usage kinda thing. I dig it, but it could be potentially confusing. I think the site/forums overall are usually known well as either BO or BO.com.

FYI: BOF was an acronym for an old box office site (Box Office Fanatics).

And what a magnificent failure of a forum it ended up being! ;) I would know, I was part of it.I'm game for this club, but I would suggest picking older movies that fewer members of the forum are likely to have seen, even if it's one of the classics we assume everyone on the planet has seen (e.g. The Godfather; A Clockwork Orange; Blade Runner; the list goes on and on); there's bound to be a few members who haven't seen said films, and why not help inject some more greatness into their queues?

I like this idea but I'd be a poor club member. It's hard for me to watch something I know I won't like. But I'll give it a try. I think what would be helpful is to have some set discussion points like acting, score, cinematography, plot, pace etc. and of course whether you liked our hated it. Just a suggestion.

I'm with you there

And what a magnificent failure of a forum it ended up being! ;) I would know, I was part of it.I'm game for this club, but I would suggest picking older movies that fewer members of the forum are likely to have seen, even if it's one of the classics we assume everyone on the planet has seen (e.g. The Godfather; A Clockwork Orange; Blade Runner; the list goes on and on); there's bound to be a few members who haven't seen said films, and why not help inject some more greatness into their queues?

I partly decided to do this because of the ample discussion in the top 100 of all time thread. Lots of people saying they haven't seen so many movies that other users voted for. I'd like this to be for fun, as well as a way for us to broaden our viewing catalog. I know I'm more likely to watch something I've been meaning to when I know others are doing the same thing.