ecstasy

Weekend Estimates (3-day) Poss: 17.7 Law: 9.6 EX2: 8.8 Bourne 7.2 Oogie 448K

Official Friday domestic estimate: $365K for MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS from 1,705 locations. Domestic cume = $618.2 million.

Not bad. It did more than doubled its past week's take in one day. :) Wish it had done more but let's see what the Saturday bump is like. If its like Memorial Day weekend probably looking around 1.8?
  • Like 1

So how much is Possession making this weekend?

I would say, 14M 3-day, 16M 4-day. It may go higher, if it behaves like Shark Night 3D last year. Edited by CJohn

I contributed to Brave and The Avengers last night with my double feature showing at the drive in theatre last night for my bday. Great double for me!

Was there a new credit scene with TA?

$20-22 million, best case scenario. That puts it on path with Apollo 18's and Shark Night 3D's Labor Day pattern. But word of mouth on Possession looks like its tanking pretty quickly...

It has a B Cinemascore, so that's better than Apollo 18 and Shark Night 3D if I recall correctly. For a horror film, that seems pretty decent to me actually. Not the only metric to use of course.
  • Like 1