CJohn

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension | Oct 23, 2015 | Regal Cinemas and Cinemark to boycott the movie | 1350 Estimated TC

Have you been reading?

No. Like MOST people I don't care about this franchise anymore

You're aware of the release problems due to new strategy?

It's a copout. If they thought it would be a success they would have never released it on VoD so fast

Of course it won't have as much marketing and will be the lowest grosser. Only to be expected with that theatre count.

Again. Cop out excuse. The last installment should have been the highest grosser. If they thought they had a big hit they would have marketed it better and released it on VoD months later.

I still couldn't get past the first one, but the first one was ok.  I expected more and they completely took me out of the movie in one part so that hurt it a lot for me.  But it just never made me need to see another one.  Even the first one had an issue with the found footage thing, but just using that is always a flaw right off the bat.

I guess they feel the "answers" are that you see the ghosts not any explanation more than that

• Like 1

If there's no answers to this im finding Oren Peli, tying him up with rope to his bed and making him write one that does explain everything.

Just call me Annie Wilkes.

• Like 5

So basically the PA franchise joins other horror franchises (and franchises in general) in not knowing well enough to quit while ahead. If they had ended with PA4 tying up all loose ends and providing the answers people have wanted, I think this would have definitely gone out on a high.

• Like 2

IDK what some persons are talking about, but the movie give answers, lol. At least about the origins of Toby and the 'chosen kids'....

About the movie: Easily the worst movie on the series, each installment had at least one good scary moment, but it is inexistent in that movie, they killed the movie when decided to show the Activity, the most terrifying thing about that franchise was the occult, but now that they're showing everything, the 'scary part' is a black shadow running, and it should be considered 'scary'....... Pathetic!

And to make things even worst, it has the most annoying character of the series, the friend of the main guy is so annoying and unfunny that I wanted him to be killed asap, the 3D is also awful, there are some moments that I didn't see nothing on screen.....

The movie is also really boring, which is a surprise coming from that franchise, I'm done with that series, I'm just glad that at least they had some respect and gave some answers

Unbelievable.. Absolutely Unbelievable.. Talk about plotholes you could drive a truck through in explaining what the fuck happened with her and Hunter from the 2nd movie??? She just walks off with the kind and that's the end of that.. I hope this fails miserably because of it.. What is she up to that she couldn't participate in the 1 movie that briefly put her on the map and I say, Briefly???

She's not in the movie, but they explain what happened with her and Hunter

There are plenty of answers and everything is explained.  I didn't like it quite as much as the first two but it's miles better than the last 3.  It's also quite creepy in many spots and I feel like it all makes sense now.  I liked the story and it is the movie I hoped it would be.

Katie was groomed from basically birth to be the liason between Toby and the witches.  She was taught how to communicate with Toby, who is basically a demon trying to take life form.  To do so, he needs two kids who were born on the same day, and Hunter and Leanne, the kid in the movie, were both boron on 666, June 5 2005.  He needs their blood, according to a prophecy, to take life form.  Katie and Hunter were taken in by the coven and Hunter was used to get his blood.  Katie disappeared never to be seen again.  She is presumed to be with the witches.  Although she was a major character in the first two films, she's not really needed in this one as it explains everything that happened to her as a kid and as an adult. 

Katie was groomed from basically birth to be the liason between Toby and the witches.  She was taught how to communicate with Toby, who is basically a demon trying to take life form.  To do so, he needs two kids who were born on the same day, and Hunter and Leanne, the kid in the movie, were both boron on 666, June 5 2005.  He needs their blood, according to a prophecy, to take life form.  Katie and Hunter were taken in by the coven and Hunter was used to get his blood.  Katie disappeared never to be seen again.  She is presumed to be with the witches.  Although she was a major character in the first two films, she's not really needed in this one as it explains everything that happened to her as a kid and as an adult. 

Errr! I guess that explains some of it...kinda. Definitely not worth the price of a ticket, though.

There are plenty of answers and everything is explained. I didn't like it quite as much as the first two but it's miles better than the last 3. It's also quite creepy in many spots and I feel like it all makes sense now. I liked the story and it is the movie I hoped it would be.

How can you not like the third movie?!

How can you not like the third movie?!

I did like the third, but it doesn't do much to expand on what happened in the first two.

I shouldn't say this is miles better than the third, the third was good.

• Like 1