The Matrix VS Inception

Matrix VS Inception  

58 members have voted

1. 1. The Matrix VS Inception

• The Matrix
    • Inception

• Founder / Operator

No they didn't.

In the sequels, I think they did. But the original... I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I respect it for what it was.That said, I'm surprised Inception isn't blowing away the poll on this considering how many fans of Nolan are on the board. Kind of interesting.

In the sequels, I think they did. But the original... I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I respect it for what it was.That said, I'm surprised Inception isn't blowing away the poll on this considering how many fans of Nolan are on the board. Kind of interesting.

The Matrix really defined many peoples childhood's IMO. Including mine. I think its natural that people gravitate towards it (that and its a damn fine film)

Best thing about the Matrix was the philosophical ideas in the script. I dislike some of the bizarre sci-fi stuff in the story (like the nasty alien thing in his stomach).

I loved the nasty alien! It was so creepy. The part that really scared me as a kid was when Neo wakes up in the pod, covered in jelly with tubes sticking out of his back and shit. Now its one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

One very impressive thing is they managed to hide the fact that Keanu Reeves cannot act.

That really was a magic trick that Wachowskis managed to pull off

I don't really understand why people compare these two movies so much. Sure they're plots are somewhat complex and they are both thrown around as "mind-benders" for some reason but The Matrix is a sci-fi fantasy mainly based around the philosophical concept of false realities and human enslavement while Inception is a heist drama based around a group of people that go into people's dreams to secure information/ or plant information. Sure the whole "false reality" concept pops up a time or two in Inception (mainly regarding Mal) and they both have some gunslinging, the two are really very different films.But I guess I'd choose The Matrix, it definitely left you thinking about the concepts discussed in the film. And anyone who disagrees with how groundbreaking that movie was is in severe denial.That said Inception is also a great movie.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

The Matrix really defined many peoples childhood's IMO. Including mine. I think its natural that people gravitate towards it (that and its a damn fine film)

Hmm, fair point. In that regard, Inception is still a new film. I don't doubt its status will be much different in 11 years, either. I don't think any other "sci-fi" (a genre that Inception is much more loosely thrown into) films have hit that cultural watercooler moment over the past couple of decades in the same way that Matrix, Avatar and Inception have. District 9 will be very well-remembered too, though. Edited by ShawnMR