Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

Um, how is Dredd beating RE's second weekend surprising? It looked like it would bomb, before reviews, with low teens, but with stellar reviews it could go as high as 18-19m and RE would've dove 60% so it would be sub 12m in any scenario resulting in Dredd beating it.Anyway, next weekend, unfortunately I don't think reviews are going to matter much just because the BO seems too dead, so:Trouble with the Curve $15.7mDredd $14.5mEnd of Watch $11.3mHouse at the End of the Street $9.7m

Um, how is Dredd beating RE's second weekend surprising?It looked like it would bomb, before reviews, with low teens, but with stellar reviews it could go as high as 18-19m and RE would've dove 60% so it would be sub 12m in any scenario resulting in Dredd beating it.Anyway, next weekend, unfortunately I don't think reviews are going to matter much just because the BO seems too dead, so:Trouble with the Curve $15.7mDredd $14.5mEnd of Watch $11.3mHouse at the End of the Street $9.7m

Why would anybody care about how Dredd is doing on RT before going to see it ? Reviews not gonna save its box office performance.

Good enough Finding Nemo 3D. Like a lot of people already said Nemo is practically available in every US household so don't expect TLK numbers at all. And unlike TLK last year, family audience was not deprived for the past few weeks before Nemo opened because ParaNorman and Odd Life was servicing the family audience. Sure as a fan I wanted more for Nemo 3D but I was realistic enough not to have lofty expectations. I think it will end around 40-50 mil, there's Hotel Transylvania to get family audience

Why would anybody care about how Dredd is doing on RT before going to see it ? Reviews not gonna save its box office performance.

Well, I know I was going to skip it before the reviews. It looks typical that you'd see it and not expect much, but given it has got good reviews, rare for this type of movie, I'd think it definitely helps its BO potential.