Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

Updated:

Right now, Finding Nemo looks like $5.3M today and at least $18M for the weekend.

Resident Evil 5 is opening with $8.8M today helped by its $665K from midnight screenings. But it should top out at $23M for the weekend, which less than its 4th installment.

Why is this disappointing? I think they are doing as well as they possibly could. Resident Evil is an old franchise, already experienced its 3D boost and has sequelitis already seen many a time this year.Finding Nemo is a re-release and only for 3D, which people have decided not to spend on, plus it's only 9 years old, and you can find a copy in every house in the world.There was never a Lion King run in here, as I said before, I wasn't sure it could top BATB. (I predicted $70m I think for BATB early this year and its run proved TLK is not the norm)Anyway, who cares, lots of good reviewed releases are coming up and they might get good legs. If not, well, now that'd be disappointing. But, as it stands, good movies still have a chance to make a lot of buck.

^ Seeing it start out with whatever numbers, and continue to drop is disappointing, even when factoring in those conditions. Not that I expected much from this weekend anyway, but getting as high as possible can't hurt.

Anyway, who cares, lots of good reviewed releases are coming up and they might get good legs. If not, well, now that'd be disappointing. But, as it stands, good movies still have a chance to make a lot of buck.

That's what I'm hoping for. Edited by lab276

If Dredd does the "10x UK opening in US" rule, then it's looking at $9.8-$10m.Resident Evil will drop 60-63%, Afterlife dropped 62.5%So Dredd could beat RE, But Nemo could hold really well.

It should be higher, the UK opening was weakened by the good weather.