John Marston

Jurassic Park or Avatar?

Jurassic Park is one of those movies with insane repeat value.  Great characters, great story, dozens of iconic and memorable scnes, great soundtrack, magical and suspenseful.

Avatar?  "Now that is one big pile of shit"

so you changed your mind, since in a previous post  you said you preferred Avatar

• Like 1

so you changed your mind, since in a previous post  you said you preferred Avatar

That was a long time ago and I just saw Jurassic Park 3D.  First time I saw it in like over 10 years.  I thought Avatar was rather "decent" when it came out, but it has aged horribly with me.

Edited by Shpongle

I'll go against the grain and say Avatar. Both have gorgeous special effects and (very easily) arguably less-than-stellar characterizations, but Avatar is the more complete and more exhilarating experience for me, even with having now seen Jurassic Park on the big screen. 

I'll go against the grain and say Avatar. Both have gorgeous special effects and (very easily) arguably less-than-stellar characterizations, but Avatar is the more complete and more exhilarating experience for me, even with having now seen Jurassic Park on the big screen. 

Posted Image

• Like 4

Had Avatar been released first, people would most likely say Avatar.

Exactly. Avatar and Jurassic Park are tailored on the same fabric. People were both stunned and amazed by the groundbreaking and breathtaking visuals and then the nice story (Jurassic Park is just a bunch of people being chased by dinosaurs in a park) but they are not the masterpieces of their authors. So there's no point in trying to glorify one to bash the other. Jurassic Park is Spielberg's Avatar. Avatar is Cameron's Jurassic Park. Breathtaking visuals first, simple and straight-forward story second. Both box-office phenomenon. So just because Jurassic Park came first, of course people think it's a much better movie than Avatar that came 16 years after.

(But Avatar don't have annoying children as protagonists :D )

(LOL at Shpongle editing his 6 months old message today where he stated he preferred Avatar over Jurassic Park just because he is on the Avatar hate parade nowadays. What a clown).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

I think Jessie and Dash need to find a room.

Cameron has made better films than Jurassic Park. None of them star Blue people.

That's what I said in substance, honeybunny... :rolleyes:

Cameron's Avatar = Spielberg's Jurassic Park.

None are their best movies. Therefore, I said Cameron has made much better films than Avatar/Jurassic Park.

Bueno, Comprendes Lo que estoy diciendo, amigo?

Edited by dashrendar44

That's what I said in substance, honeybunny... :rolleyes:

Cameron's Avatar = Spielberg's Jurassic Park.

None are their best movies. Therefore, I said Cameron has made much better films than Avatar/Jurassic Park.

Bueno, Comprendes Lo que estoy diciendo, amigo?

My comment about you and Jessie is because I always see you two liking each other posts :P It had nothing to do with the content of your actual post! My comment about Cameron having made better movies than JP was merely my own opinion independent of anything you or anyone else has said!

I dont understand. Why were the kids in JP annoying? Because they screamed a lot? LOL

The kids were essential to the making Jurassic Park good imo. They gave sam neil a character arc (i.e. disliking kids at the start and cuddling them by the end) which helped us identify with his character and hence we give a shit when dinosaurs are trying to eat him.

• Like 1

You're wrong about me and Jessie. Actually, the first heated argument I had on this forum was with Jessie. So... :lol:

You mean I wasn't your first??? *Looks crestfallen* 

And come-on, just how stereotypical is it for two people who have just met have a fierce argument only to wind up hooking up later on :P Do you watch these romantic comedies!

• Like 1

I think Jessie and Dash need to find a room.

Cameron has made better films than Jurassic Park. None of them star Blue people.

lol, I know he has, just like Spielberg has made better movies than Avatar, but in our opinion, Jurassic Park isn't that film.

My comment about you and Jessie is because I always see you two liking each other posts :P It had nothing to do with the content of your actual post! My comment about Cameron having made better movies than JP was merely my own opinion independent of anything you or anyone else has said!

I like posts I agree with, Dash just happens to be a very agreeable person lol.

• Like 1