John Marston

Jurassic Park or Avatar?

my opinion on this (I didn't want to put it on top)JP is way better. JP has a more intriguing story, more memorable characters, better acting, memorable moments, an amazing soundtrack, better sense of magic, inventive direction, and fresh feeling monsters that don't look like shit. in my opinion, the FX of JP really hold up. When watching the movie it doesn't look like I am looking at a "CGI character". The way the dinos move and act, they look like living, breathing animals

This is not even a contest. Avatar is a good movie, but it is not fit to even lick the huge pile of Triceratops shit in Jurassic Park.JP has more groundbreaking effects (less than 7 minutes of CGI but it blew away people more than the 2 1/2 hours of CG in Avatar), actual humour, better performances (Jeff Goldblum has more personality than ten Sam Worthingtons), a better paced plot and far more memorable money shots. It has a better score, too.

• Like 3

I do prefer The Lost World: Jurassic Park over the original. Both are better than Avatar, though, and that's not an insult to Avatar, which is a very good movie indeed.

Do you always have shit taste in everything?
  • Like 4

Interesting. I didn't know that some people really hated TLW this much. What's so "awful" about it anyway?

Individual scenes in TLW can be pretty fun, but when taken as a whole its a bit of mess. If I had to put my finger on the biggest problem though it was just the people were all pretty stupid, taking actions that no 'normal' person would take and hence we really can't care about them. It's like 'Hey Guys! I've got this great idea, lets take this wounded t-rex baby back with us. Thats going to have no consequences for us surely!' Or... 'Hey, lets just sabotage the guys gun, one of the few things that could save my life in the event of those two angry t-rex's showing up again. Who cares how many lives that costs us, have to protect these fearsome creatures more than humans!' As for the OP. JP by far.