Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

He's so out of his league in this roundtable of directors (like he even might got a chance of sniffing a nom lol), they make him look like Simple Jack... :lol:

With that line up, yes, he doesn't fit, but I like what he's done with Mitty (what I've seen from the trailers, at least). I find it good that he decided to focus on directing and quit acting.

He probably will get a Golden Globe one...

Battle of the bow and arrows! Katniss vs Hawkeye... who wins?

My money's definitely on Katniss :wub:

But her arrows don't explode. 

But I wonder, if this movie gets a substantial boost in the box office, could it be from many of the superhero fans who have come out to support their heroes in other mediums?

• Like 1

Don't do this to me.

It's a very divisive film. You might enjoy it. My biggest problem is Amy Adams. I felt like she was miscast. Other than that the film is very lighthearted and is pretty funny. Jennifer Lawrence is the best thing about it. She was fantastic.
  • Like 1

lol@ Lawrence, man. Girl is killing shit! I mean, when was the last time someone had the ridiculous streak she's having right now? Say she gets a nom for this, that would make it 3 noms (including 1 win) in, what, 3 years??! And she ain't even 25 yet. Like that weren't enough, add headlining in 2 $400m blockbusters. Truly the world's brightest shining young star at the moment. What she has been able to accomplish in that time, at that age, is nothing short of f**king insane. And no, I'm not even a Lawsbian.

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 8

lol@ Lawrence, man. Girl is killing shit! I mean, when was the last time someone had the ridiculous streak she's having right now? Say she gets a nom for this, that would make it 3 noms (including 1 win) in, what, 3 years??! And she ain't even 25 yet. Like that wasn't enough, add headlining in 2 $400m blockbusters. Truly the world's brightest shining young star atm. What's she been able to accomplish in that time, at that age, is nothing short of fucking insane! And no, I'm not even a Lawsbian.

I love Jlaw, and I agree with what you´ve said, but let´s not downplay the fact that she happened to get cast in the film version of a huge blockbuster book. That, added to her charisma and her talent, has resulted in a perfect storm of stardom. But let´s not give her all the credit.

Oh, and yes...My God, if she wins another Oscar this year there´s just no justice in this world: gorgeous, funny, down-to-earth, talented, rich, appreciated by her peers, at the top of Hollywood's Go-to-Actresses list. I mean, how much better does it get for this gal?  :-)

• Like 2