Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 minute ago, Cappoedameron said:

This is one of them and they have legit sources as well.

This person calls the flash, the flush, I don’t need to add anymore context then that. The movie may be a 1, but I don’t trust a thing this person says when it comes to dc movies. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Zaslav did not greenlight a single film you mentioned here lol.

No fan of Zaslev, but the hate for him here is just ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

It takes time to turn a studio around.  Someone can't come in and wave a magic wand and suddenly make films that have literally been in development for years and spin them into gold in just a few months.

Zaslav has made plenty of mistakes, and huge ones at that.  But let's shit on him for things that are his responsibility.

To put it another way, happy talk about a couple of movies that may or may not measure up to said happy talk is hardly the greatest of Zaslav's sins.  Or even a sin at all.

Anybody who took on the job of CEO at Warners would get a lot of hate, because he or she would have to make some huge budget cuts, When are you in a debt crisis , the first thing you do is stop spending so much money.  Question id where and how you make the cuts an Zaslev had made some very questionable judgments here.

And no matter who is CEO a lot of the borderline shows and projects that the hardcore DC fans love but the general audience is not that interested in would be cut.

Warners  is gong to be greenlighting a lot fewer projects then they have been for the next couple of years.A new CEO would not change that.

I love the people who are saying that Don't Worry, Darling is going to wreck WB, It is a freaking low budget Oscar Bait movie that cost 20 Million..that is next to nothing nowdays.. Yes, it is a disapointment; yes the bad reviews have killed it (I wonder if all the other stunts are not at attempt to divert attention from  the critical panning the film has gotten) but;s it not a huge disaster finiancally for Warners. It's just antoher low budget Oscar bait bust.

I love the way they blame Zaslev for films that were in the can when he took over.  ButI ihave noted the Zaslev haters seem to be oblvious that it was decisions by previous adminsitrations that got Warners into this mess.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Anyone who took over as the CEO of Warner Bros was going to have a difficult time turning things around. I don't think the problem is what David Zaslav is trying to do, it's more how he's trying to do it. The Don't Worry Darling mess has nothing to do with him. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JWR said:

Anyone who took over as the CEO of Warner Bros was going to have a difficult time turning things around. I don't think the problem is what David Zaslav is trying to do, it's more how he's trying to do it. The Don't Worry Darling mess has nothing to do with him. 

I agree.with the proviso that no matter who had taken over Warners, deep budget cuts would have occured, and a lot of fans wouls be upset.

5 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Yeah, I think he had to make some drastic decisions. The DCEU is basically a trainwreck at this point. That in itself won't be an easy undertaking to fix.

True. But I don't think Zaslav's frugality it making it easier.

Just now, dudalb said:

I agree.with the proviso that no matter who had taken over Warners, deep budget cuts would have occured, and a lot of fans wouls be upset.

True to a point. Sacrifices need to be made. But all Zaslav has proven so far is that he knows how to slash and burn. That served him well when running a network of reality TV shows, not so much when it comes to running a film studio.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Yeah, I think he had to make some drastic decisions. The DCEU is basically a trainwreck at this point. That in itself won't be an easy undertaking to fix.

There is a  lot more to Warners then just DC..something people here tend to forget.

I think calling DCEU a trainwreck is over stating, but it has certainly not done anywhere near what Warners managment and stockholders had expected.

Right now the emphaisis should be about WB surviving; I think thrying to do that and launch a major revamp of DC would be difficult to do.

I think some DC projects that might have been greenlighted in the past will not be greenlit now. They have had to omany films which the DC geeks love but the general audience just did not care about. Birds Of Prey is a good example.

2 minutes ago, JWR said:

True to a point. Sacrifices need to be made. But all Zaslav has proven so far is that he knows how to slash and burn. That served him well when running a network of reality TV shows, not so much when it comes to running a film studio.

I think some slash and burn is going to be necessary. When you are in debt trouble, cutback on spending is the first thing you do.

But Zaslev really does seem in over his head a little.

• Like 1

Just now, dudalb said:

I think some slash and burn is going to be necessary. When you are in debt trouble, cutback on spending is the first thing you do.

But Zaslev really does seem in over his head a little.

Not just over his head, but not mindful of the optics or talent relations. I'm sure that the chaos will die down once the merger is complete and the transition is over. But with how Zaslav is handling this, I doubt he's going to have much luck attracting talent who fully trust him.

I bet Dan Lin probably opted out being the head of DC because he saw how the last month played out and wanted no part in the mess.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JWR said:

Not just over his head, but not mindful of the optics or talent relations. I'm sure that the chaos will die down once the merger is complete and the transition is over. But with how Zaslav is handling this, I doubt he's going to have much luck attracting talent who fully trust him.

I bet Dan Lin probably opted out being the head of DC because he saw how the last month played out and wanted no part in the mess.

I think Zasleve idea that reality shows can be the  big draw for a pay streaming network is badly mistaken.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think some DC projects that might have been greenlighted in the past will not be greenlit now. They have had to omany films which the DC geeks love but the general audience just did not care about. Birds Of Prey is a good example.

I don't think DC fans liked Birds of Prey either. 😜

• Like 1