Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

On 11/6/2022 at 2:28 PM, cax16 said:

Love Gunn, we don’t need the Ayer cut ever released. 

I appreciate that he is addressing the fanbase respectfully at least. Other studios could learn a lot from that. I know it's easy to focus on the morons who make it their mission to attack people but it's best to ignore them because you're just going to add to the hostile environment with the fans by focusing on negativity. That being said, it does suck that he can't do more for some of the DC properties that were canceled unfairly, but I understand where he's coming from.

• Like 1

Agree, I think Gunn's tweets about that subject are a very nice and polite way to say "move on", what true DC fans (not including that *guy* fans, I don't expect that from them) need is to appreciate and support the future of the franchise and the upcoming projects, not to mourn for the rest of their lives. That infamous twitter movement really set a bad example, it's like a bogeyman that haunted the DC franchise

• Like 3

7 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I appreciate that he is addressing the fanbase respectfully at least. Other studios could learn a lot from that. I know it's easy to focus on the morons who make it their mission to attack people but it's best to ignore them because you're just going to add to the hostile environment with the fans by focusing on negativity. That being said, it does suck that he can't do more for some of the DC properties that were canceled unfairly, but I understand where he's coming from.

Problem is money for projects is going to be much harder to get then it used to be until Warners gets out from some the debt it is carrying.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 7:00 PM, dudalb said:

Problem is money for projects is going to be much harder to get then it used to be until Warners gets out from some the debt it is carrying.

If its for a Big budget flick with good BO potential Zaslov wont hesitate to spend. But I doubt he will greenlight another Black Adam at 200 million. It has to be the big guns for sure. 

16 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

If its for a Big budget flick with good BO potential Zaslov wont hesitate to spend. But I doubt he will greenlight another Black Adam at 200 million. It has to be the big guns for sure. 

Exactly. And I suspect Gunn will look for DC hero whose movies could be made for a modest budget .

The should have kept Black Adam down to Shazan levels..100 Million budget. If they had done that, Black Adam would have made a decent profit.