Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Actual fans of DC and the superhero genre are far larger. They are noisy and use bots to harass and get what they want. Studios and the public at large know better now.

You're forgetting one more group: General audiences, most of whom are averse to the kind of movies Zack Snyder makes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s not “starting over from scratch” if they’re still keeping the Suicide Squad cast. 

Nah. The difference is that The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker are amazing. I kinda suspect that Gadot is playing the role of Wonder Woman in a Crisis sense, for those in the know.

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s not “starting over from scratch” if they’re still keeping the Suicide Squad cast. 

Where do you get your news? lol

Do you honestly think Gunn is going to only keep the SS and Peacemaker casts, and get rid of everyone else?

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Your problem is to see Snyder fans as DC fans. They aren’t. I like superheroes films. I like well made films into this genre. I love DC to death. I couldn’t be more excited. If some will complain, it’s their loss. Very much like those complaining about ‘woke’ Marvel.

The other movies DC made without Snyder also have their fans. A lot of "real DC fans" were supportive of Geoff Johns and Walter Hamada, and loved movies like Shazam, Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 1984 and Black Adam. I don't think it's only the Snyder fans giving a negative response to the idea of James Gunn coming in and rebooting everything. Unless people were just pretending to love those post-Snyder era movies...

48 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Where do you get your news? lol

Do you honestly think Gunn is going to only keep the SS and Peacemaker casts, and get rid of everyone else?

I didn’t say that, but Gunn has recently indicated that he intends to keep actors like Margot Robbie around. If he intends to do that, then it kind of defeats the purpose of doing a reboot in the first place, and would beg the question of why he’d get rid of Gal Gadot. 

Just now, Napoleon said:

The other movies DC made without Snyder also have their fans. A lot of "real DC fans" were supportive of Geoff Johns and Walter Hamada, and loved movies like Shazam, Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 1984 and Black Adam. I don't think it's only the Snyder fans giving a negative response to the idea of James Gunn coming in and rebooting everything. Unless people were just pretending to love those post-Snyder era movies...

The problem isn’t really that some of those films aren’t good. It’s how fractured everything is. There is a lack of cohesiveness that makes everything reek from early 00s superhero films in the worst way. Shazam is good, and yet forgetful. Wonder Woman is great, arguably the best film of their first attempt of a shared universe, and yet not connected to anything. Aquaman is mad fun, but is mad fun enough? I mean, I love Momoa. If he is happy because now he gets to play Lobo, more power to him. Give me James Gunn’s L.E.G.I.O.N..

Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Now that I notice that the actors who haven't officially "left" yet are the ones with major movies/appearances still coming out next year... One of two things are clearly happening: 

A -- (Much less likely)  Gunn/Safran are actually debating keeping Gadot/Momoa/Levi around in some capacity, which will of course entirely depend on the box office receipts next year...but that's a loooong time to have to wait to decide such things, which is why I favor...

B -- (Much more likely)  Along with a few new project announcements in January, they're going to announce a "Celebration of DC" year to "Come to theaters this year... See your old [coded: ZSJL] favorites ONE LAST TIME!"  This of course also includes two previous Batmans, a possibly one-off version of Supergirl, and a few not-so-secret cameos here and there...

BLUE BEETLE stuffed in the middle... NO PRESSURE!   And then in 2024/2025... a New DCU Begins...

Edited by Macleod

3 hours ago, JWR said:

Going to be a huge gamble, tbh. Good luck trying to get people excited for a movie in a zombie franchise with a radioactive lead...

My bet is that they will go full bore with everyone *else* that is in the movie...and there are a lot.  The General Audience only really cares about whether the movie looks good...or bad.  Personal controversies and franchise problems can all be overcome...if the movie is great!  But yes, even though all the buzz for the movie is great, it will be a true test of how toxic the DC/Warner Bros. brand has truly become. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Macleod said:

My bet is that they will go full bore with everyone *else* that is in the movie...and there are a lot.  The General Audience only really cares about whether the movie looks good...or bad.  Personal controversies and franchise problems can all be overcome...if the movie is great!  But yes, even though all the buzz for the movie is great, it will be a true test of how toxic the DC/Warner Bros. brand has truly become. 

Yeah that sounds about right 

Up to this point, there have been quite a few DC films that may have made some fans very happy, but they’re not tapping into the larger audience,” Levi said. “Marvel was very successful in doing that — bringing in as many people to the table, as many people that could be satiated and brought joy and all that stuff.”

He continued, “If you’re out there, and you really liked what happened before, you can do that — that’s fine. But recognize there’s a lot of people that didn’t like those things, and we should always be trying to, I think, tap into as much audience as possible, making as many people as happy as possible. That’s what we’re in entertainment for, and I think that’s what Peter and James are really trying to do, and it’s not an easy position. They got handed all of these things that were already in a lot of conflict. So guys, just fucking give them a break. Take it easy. Take a breath.”