Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

43 minutes ago, AJG said:

Maybe?

It seems kind of weird and pointless to fixate on some loud and completely irrelevant minority. I’ve been hearing people like MovieBob complain about Snyder fans nonstop for over five years. Who cares at this point? They’re not gonna get James Gunn fired, if that’s what you guys are worried about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Reeves’ Batman already had Lego tie-ins and the like. How much more commercial can you get? 

I have to laugh at the idea that a really dark Batman is not good box office after Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy.

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

3tusg9bw5gfa1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&v

wow they better nip that in the bud. Having to subscribe to multiple services to get the whole story?

It's all about profits in the end. If Warners thinks it can make more money selling a show to a outside network, they will do it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It seems kind of weird and pointless to fixate on some loud and completely irrelevant minority. I’ve been hearing people like MovieBob complain about Snyder fans nonstop for over five years. Who cares at this point? They’re not gonna get James Gunn fired, if that’s what you guys are worried about. 

You have a point but, let's face it, talking abou tthe DCU without talking about the Snyderverse and it's fans is like trying to talk about World War 2 and not mention Hitler.

But you are right, they have become a loud and irrevlenet minority. They have been that since the Snydercut of Justice League was not quite the sucess Warners was hoping for.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Maybe?

I don'ty know what  that that guy is smoking, but it is sure some strong Shit.

This is just plain delusional. Only thing this does is cause people are Warners to laugh their heads off.

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

I have to laugh at the idea that a really dark Batman is not good box office after Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy.

I mean, it really wasn't that dark? Batman Begins is a exceptionally well-made popcorn film. The Dark Knight has dark moments but ends with an exceptionally hopeful message. The Dark Knight Rises is same thing on an even larger scale. 

One of the things Snyder got right was making DCEU Batman more fantastical than Nolan films to help differentiate. The Batmobile and Batwing were much closer to Burton/Schumacher. 

• Like 1

WARNER BROS. 2023

01.13 HOUSE PARTY

02.10 MAGIC MIKE'S LAST DANCE

03.17 SHAZAM! FURY OF THE GODS

04.21 EVIL DEAD RISE

06.16 THE FLASH

07.21 BARBIE

08.04 THE MEG: THE TRENCH

08.18 BLUE BEETLE

09.08 THE NUN II

11.03 DUNE II

12.15 WONKA

12.20 THE COLOR PURPLE

12.25 AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Does this thread have to keep bringing up Snyder fans?

Maybe I am looking at all the wrong places but where are all these Snyder fans?  I easily see 10x maybe 50x as many anti snyder fan posts for every pro or even neutral post granted I am not going to comic book forums.  Someone responded to your post with an Anti Snyder Fan account whose big example was a post by a troll in pro Snyder Sub that does not appear to have that many members where every one of the comments was calling the guy out.

But, again its somehow sane to have a whole twitter account revolved around looking for this stuff.  Its normal that 9k+ people follow this.

Obviously they exist, etc etc...

But I've noticed a very common trend that happens online/everywhere. People like to over exaggerate. Saw someone on twitter post something, they got replies/RTs arguing with them, and they followed up and said "wow everyone is being so mean to me about this".

So I looked... and there were 2 replies. This stuff happens all the time.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jimisawesome said:

Maybe I am looking at all the wrong places but where are all these Snyder fans?  I easily see 10x maybe 50x as many anti snyder fan posts for every pro or even neutral post granted I am not going to comic book forums.  Someone responded to your post with an Anti Snyder Fan account whose big example was a post by a troll in pro Snyder Sub that does not appear to have that many members where every one of the comments was calling the guy out.

But, again its somehow sane to have a whole twitter account revolved around looking for this stuff.  Its normal that 9k+ people follow this.

To be perfectly frank, while I can’t deny that Snyder has some toxic fans, I feel like some of the anti-Snyder people go too far in the opposite direction, to the point where they make it their entire personality to hate on anything to do with Zack Snyder. I’ve also seen some comments about Gal Gadot that honestly come across as rather thinly-veiled anti-Semitism. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jimisawesome said:

Most fans have moved on, and his haters are the ones who now sound obsessed. They are the only ones in this forum bringing Snyder back into the conversation surrounding the new DCU. The release of the Snyder Cut and its positive reception from critics and audiences should be seen as a perfect closure for everyone, I see no reason for bitterness from any side - fans got to see the film, and haters still had Snyder gone from DC.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

But I've noticed a very common trend that happens online/everywhere. People like to over exaggerate. Saw someone on twitter post something, they got replies/RTs arguing with them, and they followed up and said "wow everyone is being so mean to me about this".

Many of them also don't seem to understand how Twitter works.

They'll bring up #X is trending, but it's clear it's on the "Trending for You" page and it's only like 3K tweets. They're incredibly vocal, that's all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

"Someone said" > "People are saying" > "Many people are saying" > "Everyone is saying"

• Haha 2