Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Yeah, but why? Rumors say it's just a watch party of his previous movies.

If what Grace Randolph says is true, then WB is apparently helping out with it, and it will officially mark a point of closure for Zack Snyder in regards to DC. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

If what Grace Randolph says is true, then WB is apparently helping out with it, and it will officially mark a point of closure for Zack Snyder in regards to DC. 

I see. If that's the case then good for him.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:30 AM, kayumanggi said:

Affleck doesn't sound like he would have ever been interested in directing in the Gunn Cinematic Universe, even before this meeting. It wouldn't be the first time Gunn has gone on Twitter and made everything sound hunky-dory in DC world, only for it to turn out a few weeks/months that the two sides were worlds apart and are going their separate ways. I'm not sure why Gunn continues to engage on Twitter; you'd think he'd be way too busy at this stage of his career and would want to ignore the toxicity.

18 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

A theatrical release means a much lower budget because they don't have to pay out backend. This is probably gonna have a similar budget to Ticket to Paradise and The Lost City. Still expensive but could easily see it recoup that budget with a good cast.

I'm sorry, if Netflix could make Don't Look Up for $75M starring Leo and JLaw (both paid very nicely by all reports), plus Meryl, Cate, Jonah Hill, Chalamet, Tyler Perry, et al with multiple public crowd scenes and VFX... A Netflix romcom needing $150M is absurd and IMO less of a streaming/upfront salary issue than a product of Meyers taking half a year to film a studio comedy when most directors get it done in 2-3 months. She did make The Intern with WB, but the budget/production time was far lower than normal for her. Also, will WB want to release a movie called "Paris Paramount"? At least Netflix and Paramount had some sort of deal for a time (Paramount cast-offs getting moved there in the pre-Paramount+ days).

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Affleck doesn't sound like he would have ever been interested in directing in the Gunn Cinematic Universe, even before this meeting. It wouldn't be the first time Gunn has gone on Twitter and made everything sound hunky-dory in DC world, only for it to turn out a few weeks/months that the two sides were worlds apart and are going their separate ways. I'm not sure why Gunn continues to engage on Twitter; you'd think he'd be way too busy at this stage of his career and would want to ignore the toxicity.

I'm sorry, if Netflix could make Don't Look Up for $75M starring Leo and JLaw (both paid very nicely by all reports), plus Meryl, Cate, Jonah Hill, Chalamet, Tyler Perry, et al with multiple public crowd scenes and VFX... A Netflix romcom needing $150M is absurd and IMO less of a streaming/upfront salary issue than a product of Meyers taking half a year to film a studio comedy when most directors get it done in 2-3 months. She did make The Intern with WB, but the budget/production time was far lower than normal for her. Also, will WB want to release a movie called "Paris Paramount"? At least Netflix and Paramount had some sort of deal for a time (Paramount cast-offs getting moved there in the pre-Paramount+ days).

I just think he is forced sometimes to clear things because what the trolls have been spewing are outright lies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

One told him to stop casting his wife in EVERY DC movie like wtf, she is only in ONE movie and was actually great in it.

These people are like a cult and what they do is disgusting, really.

Remember when they issued death threats to critics who did not like BvS?
Yes, every fandom has it's annoying jerks, but Snyder fandom does seem to have more then it;s share.

And, yeah, Snyder com does sound like a glorified watch party.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Remember when they issued death threats to critics who did not like BvS?
Yes, every fandom has it's annoying jerks, but Snyder fandom does seem to have more then it;s share.

And, yeah, Snyder com does sound like a glorified watch party.

Happened way before that with The Dark Knight Rises. That's when RT removed its comment section.

Edited by DInky

If this article from 2010 is to be believed: if WB didn't hire SnyderMan of Steel could have been directed by: 

Jonathan Liebesman

Duncan Jones (!)

Matt Reeves (!!)

Tony Scott (!!!)

They also approached GDT, but even if he wasn't working on ATMOM at the time, I don't think he would have done it. Some of the directors on that list could have also given Goyer's script a rewrite. We all were cheated.

Edited by Ken
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 9:08 AM, kayumanggi said:

One told him to stop casting his wife in EVERY DC movie like wtf, she is only in ONE movie and was actually great in it.

These people are like a cult and what they do is disgusting, really.

What?

She's in 1 show and 3 films now.

8 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

You said shes only in 1 movie, which is incorrect. Not gonna debate about if Gunn personally cast her in the rest of the films she is in.

One movie that Gunn was responsible casting her in.

Once it's clear Shazam 2 ain't going over 100 mil US, Aquaman is getting chunked to a carp slot next year.

WB will try to bury the news at some point when people are talking about a different movie (Mario?).

Keeping the "big Christmas movie" as something from a dead universe that the fanbase is apathetic to is a terrible strategy.

WB will then move a different movie up (Dune?) to take advantage of the IMAX.

BTW the better screens were something like a third of Shazam 2's gross. It would have been even deader this Christmas.

11 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

I can't help but wonder if Aquaman 2 will get chunked to some disposable slot next year if Shazam 2 and Blue Beetle both tank. The IMAX screens would probably serve Dune better and it's essentially another "dead version of DC" movie.

I'd think it's the reverse, throw Aquaman out and push back Blue Beetle since that one probably actually figures into their larger plans

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

I'd think it's the reverse, throw Aquaman out and push back Blue Beetle since that one probably actually figures into their larger plans

I'm skeptical that Blue Beetle does figure into their larger plans. It doesn't really seem "big solo movie on Christmas" event level either.