Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

https://www.nywift.org/event/nywift-talks-with-screenwriter-ana-nogueira/

Ana Nogueira’s work will be seen across multiple mediums including stage and both the big and small screens. In addition to her powerful presence as an actress, she is a gifted writer with a discerning eye and strong instincts that aid in crafting stories for audiences worldwide. Nogueira’s work will next be seen off Broadway with the debut of her original play Which Way to the Stage. Beyond her upcoming play, Nogueira is currently working under an overall deal for DC writing some of their most secret and coveted projects. She is the first writer to be put under contract at DC and has features in the works with Warner Bros., Fox/Disney and Universal

This kind of confirms that leak from a few weeks ago that was on Reddit.

4 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

she was writing Supergirl.

Found the full leak and it also says Lindelof is producing Lanterns which... I really can't see happening after that big piece came out. The rest of it all makes sense though, and the clayface movie keeps getting confirmed/denied on a weekly basis lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

INCEPTION 2 incoming post-Oppenheimer floppage?

I'm not sure Nolan is interested in an Inception sequel even though WB would snap it up in a heartbeat.

I'm happy the WAG name is being retired although I'd kept the WBPA red in homage of Looney Tunes.

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I'm not sure Nolan is interested in an Inception sequel even though WB would snap it up in a heartbeat.

I'm happy the WAG name is being retired although I'd kept the WBPA red in homage of Looney Tunes.

Off the back to back flopping of Tenet and Oppenheimer? He may be persuadable...

I see that when asked about  Ezra Miller, Gunn gave the Answer 'We will see what happens".

Which translates to 'Let's see if he is  formally charged or brought to trial on any of the things he has been accused of".

Of course if The Flash dissapoints at the box office it might become a moot question.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I get the feeling you want Oppenheimer to fail.

Wanting is not the same as expecting. Also depends on what we see as success/failure. Personally, I have longed for a proper take on the Manhattan project for a while. But if there are people expecting Dunkirk numbers, I think they will be very disappointed. Nolan's deal also sounds extremely one sided in his favor. 

Nolan is in a privileged position where he doesn't need to do a sequel to Inception. I suspect Oppenheimer is a one for you, one for me type film. 

We could see a situation where the next Nolan film is a Universal and Warner Bros film much like Interstellar was a joint Paramount and WB film. 

Edited by Jonwo

16 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Wanting is not the same as expecting. Also depends on what we see as success/failure. Personally, I have longed for a proper take on the Manhattan project for a while. But if there are people expecting Dunkirk numbers, I think they will be very disappointed. Nolan's deal also sounds extremely one sided in his favor. 

We already got real numbers indicating that this is looking a Dunkirk type performance

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Nolan is in a privileged position where he doesn't need to do a sequel to Inception. I suspect Oppenheimer is a one for you, one for me type film. 

We could see a situation where the next Nolan film is a Universal and Warner Bros film much like Interstellar was a joint Paramount and WB film. 

Pretty sure Nolan passed the "one for you one for me" stage of his career a loooooong time ago. They're all for him now. Everything he makes is a guaranteed hit. he's unique in that sense.

Edited by Avatree