Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All they've accomplished in this presentation is confirming that Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin is really the HBO/Max show that men have been waiting for! House of the Dragon found dead in a ditch. 

I... don't understand this. They haven't said anything like that. They just said HBO Max is more male driven than female driven. That is all. But I guess since it wasn't a void dumb woke comment and mentioned MALE it is seen as something bad.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, CJohn said:

I... don't understand this. They haven't said anything like that. They just said HBO Max is more male driven than female driven. That is all. But I guess since it wasn't a void dumb woke comment and mentioned MALE it is seen as something bad.

It was a joke aimed at that slide CJ lol. All of the slides in that presentation looked like they were thrown together minutes before the event happened tbh.

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't really get why Zaslav is being slated for highlighting the 90 Day Fiancee franchise, it's one of WBD's biggest shows, they'd be mad not to highlight something that is successful. 

To be fair, it's probably less the show and more the fan base that follows them (see also the craziness that surrounds the entire Bachelor franchise, for example). These reality shows have an audience so devoted to them (one could argue even more so than than any fanboy-driven property does) that even outsiders that don't follow end up seeing them on their radar due to the memes and such.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

You’re reading too much into it. People are just clowning on the slide. 

• Like 2

Just now, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

There's reading too much into things, and then there's this which is a whole new level.

Corporate presentations are put together at literally the last second with every single stakeholder wanting their pet project to be represented. I guarantee that the slide they presented at some point had at least 10 more logos which were whittled down based on WB and Discovery representation, wanting the 3 big DC characters in there and at least one executive throwing a tantrum that their franchise isn't on there.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There's reading too much into things, and then there's this which is a whole new level.

Corporate presentations are put together at literally the last second with every single stakeholder wanting their pet project to be represented. I guarantee that the slide they presented at some point had at least 10 more logos which were whittled down based on WB and Discovery representation, wanting the 3 big DC characters in there and at least one executive throwing a tantrum that their franchise isn't on there.

There is also only so many logos you can fit onto a presentation. It's inevitable some things won't make the cut. I get that Zaslav is seen as some evil CEO but some people online really have no sense. 

Looney Tunes was on the presentation but not Scooby Doo or Tom and Jerry, it doesn't mean there isn't going to be any new Scooby or Tom and Jerry content. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

There is also only so many logos you can fit onto a presentation. It's inevitable some things won't make the cut. I get that Zaslav is seen as some evil CEO but some people online really have no sense. 

Looney Tunes was on the presentation but not Scooby Doo or Tom and Jerry, it doesn't mean there isn't going to be any new Scooby or Tom and Jerry content. 

I think a lot of Zaslev decisions are very,very, questionable; but he is being slated for things that any CEO in his position would have to do given the situation WB is in.The severe cutbacks would happen no matter who was CEO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Hamada ends up getting a production deal similar to Toby Emmerich. I do think they need someone with film experience in that role so no Bruce Timm or Paul Dini.

I love the 90's and early 2000's Timmverse...i thik he and Dini got the DC universe the way few have.....but not a fan of his more recent work. And, frankly, he does no thave the expereince in managing large scale live action projects. I could see giving him some kind of creative input, but not a good choice to run the whole operation.

43 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Hamada ends up getting a production deal similar to Toby Emmerich. I do think they need someone with film experience in that role so no Bruce Timm or Paul Dini.

Hamada should be back overlooking the New Line horror movies which is something he was good at. WB shouldn’t let him go. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Well, they did just cancel the Scooby-Doo movie as well. With Batgirl, many people are willing to believe it was too small scale or tested poorly or otherwise wouldn't fit into the latest 10-year plan for the DCEU. An animated Scooby Christmas movie? It wasn't $90 million and nobody buys that it's not good enough to be shown publicly or it will ruin the Shaggy Dopamatic Universe continuity. Both movies getting canned were cold business decisions, but with Scooby it's much more overt: there's no artistic reasons to hide behind. So, Scoob & Co. getting left out yesterday is no surprise, really.