Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

I hate all the announcements and rumors, but I gotta give credit to James Gunn for being honest to the fans. For a few years WB deceived the DCEU fans with false promises, contradictory leaks to the press and all sorts of attempts at manipulation. I hope people appreciate him for that and don't drive him away from Twitter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I just read through a list of 34 DCEU films that were in production at one time and went nowhere (I’m guessing most of them have threads here).

IIRC the only MCU film to be announced and then scrapped is Inhumans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I just read through a list of 34 DCEU films that were in production at one time and went nowhere (I’m guessing most of them have threads here).

There's a scrapped Runaways movie too

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Runaways?

30 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I have no idea what’s gonna happen but I just have a feeling his projects he’s worked on won’t be rebooted, I think it may just be the main JL cast or parts of it. Just my opinion but we’ll see. I just feel like when he first posted and said they were gonna “keep what worked” I think his projects would be included in that. 

That would not play well. He did say that movies and HBO Max shows will exist in the shared universe. Cannot reboot everything and keep just peacemaker or Suicide Squad. Plus with Suicide Squad bombing there is no scope for another movie anyway. I think they will make season 2 for 2023 and then TV shows will exist in new universe except may be Penguin which exist in Reeves verse. Even that will be challenging as having 2 bats will not be good at all. But getting rid of Reeves wont be easy considering how strongly the movie was received and its box office was quite good. A more uplifting sequel will definitely have 1B+ potential. 

5 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

There's a scrapped Runaways movie too

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Runaways?

And it ended up as a Hulu show but I understand.

In 2004, David Maisel was hired as chief operating officer of Marvel Studios as he had a plan for the studio to self-finance movies.[44]Marvel entered into a non-recourse debt structure with Merrill Lynch that was collateralized by certain movie rights to a total of 10 characters from Marvel's vast vault. Marvel got $525 million to make a maximum of 10 movies based on the company's properties over eight years, according to the parameters of the original deal. Those characters were: Ant-Man, The Avengers, Black Panther, Captain America, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack and Shang-Chi.[45] Ambac insured the movies would succeed or they would pay the interest payment on the debt and get the movie rights collateral.[37]

At this point the only property from Marvels original plan to not appear anywhere in Live Action is the Power Pack.

Edited by AJG

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Half those movies/productions were probably never even announced by WB,  just terrible stuff on their part for not controlling the narrative better. I understand leaks happen but with them it’s been awful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That would not play well. He did say that movies and HBO Max shows will exist in the shared universe. Cannot reboot everything and keep just peacemaker or Suicide Squad. Plus with Suicide Squad bombing there is no scope for another movie anyway. I think they will make season 2 for 2023 and then TV shows will exist in new universe except may be Penguin which exist in Reeves verse. Even that will be challenging as having 2 bats will not be good at all. But getting rid of Reeves wont be easy considering how strongly the movie was received and its box office was quite good. A more uplifting sequel will definitely have 1B+ potential. 

That’s my point though, I don’t think he’ll be rebooting everything. 

With respects to the Batman stuff I’d definitely expect to have two different ones, Reeves isn’t going anywhere I don’t think and Gunn already stated “Batman will be a large part of the dcu”. 

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That’s my point though, I don’t think he’ll be rebooting everything. 

With respects to the Batman stuff I’d definitely expect to have two different ones, Reeves isn’t going anywhere I don’t think and Gunn already stated “Batman will be a large part of the dcu”. 

They can always just let Reeves do the solo movies and have Battinson appear in team ups. 

Just now, Lion Roar said:

They can always just let Reeves do the solo movies and have Battinson appear in team ups. 

Personally I’d love that and hope it happens but I’m not sure it will. I’d imagine they could make a pretty big splash at the box office if he just showed in one of the new JL movies after establishing some other rebooted characters.

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Personally I’d love that and hope it happens but I’m not sure it will. I’d imagine they could make a pretty big splash at the box office if he just showed in one of the new JL movies after establishing some other rebooted characters.

Has Reeves made any comments regarding all these changes? I hope he is okay with that idea you've mentioned.

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Has Reeves made any comments regarding all these changes? I hope he is okay with that idea you've mentioned.

Gunn basically said on Twitter that the rumors about them wanting to bring in battinson into a shared universe are untrue and reeves quoted that tweet to say he's a good source

• Like 1

Well the other day Gunn said the report about Pattinson joining the DCU was false and Reeves quoted Gunn on twitter with this,

I know Gunn said Reeves was like the second phone call he made after getting the Job at DC so I assume they have a pretty close working relationship. We’ll see what happens, maybe if Reeves likes the route Gunn and Safran are taking the dcu he’d be open to Pattinson doing team up movies? I don’t know. 

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

Gunn basically said on Twitter that the rumors about them wanting to bring in battinson into a shared universe are untrue and reeves quoted that tweet to say he's a good source

What will they do then? Having different Batmans, I don't know. 😐

What will they do then? Having different Batmans, I don't know. 😐

They had two now anyways, it’s really not that big of a deal tbh, it’s easy to use the multiverse angle, just look at no way home. 

7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Well the other day Gunn said the report about Pattinson joining the DCU was false and Reeves quoted Gunn on twitter with this,

I know Gunn said Reeves was like the second phone call he made after getting the Job at DC so I assume they have a pretty close working relationship. We’ll see what happens, maybe if Reeves likes the route Gunn and Safran are taking the dcu he’d be open to Pattinson doing team up movies? I don’t know. 

Let’s say that the DC Universe joins The Batman. Let’s say that somehow, we end up with The Batman as the first in that universe, joined by the rest. I just wouldn’t count Battinson as the main Batman of the DC Universe just yet.

Just now, Alligator Zatt said:

Let’s say that the DC Universe joins The Batman. Let’s say that somehow, we end up with The Batman as the first in that universe, joined by the rest. I just wouldn’t count Battinson as the main Batman of the DC Universe just yet.

I’m good with whatever, I trust Gunn

9 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I just think it's a good idea to see the two 'starting' their young superhero lives in the solo movies and then see them together in a team-up movie.