Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

On 8/10/2024 at 8:45 AM, WittyUsername said:

I wouldn’t expect James Gunn’s Superman to outgross The Batman, but even assuming it becomes a billion dollar hit, I can’t imagine that’ll be enough to solve WBD’s financial problems. 

THIS. Even if Superman turns out to be an Avengers level hit, it will not be enough to get Save WB on itls own.

Look at the nine billion 's worth of red ink it just got with its streaming That alone will eat up every penny of profit that it;s 2024 films will make leaving nothing for the stockholders

On 8/10/2024 at 10:07 AM, El Squibbonator said:

I never said Superman on its own would be enough to save the company. But the fact is, Warner Bros does have a number of potentially major blockbusters. We know there are more Dune movies being made, and there's presumably going to be a Barbie sequel too. As far as animated movies go, they're working on The Cat in the Hat with Bill Hader, which was announced earlier this year for a 2026 release.

Problem is that Warner;s over all losses can erase any profit those films make.

I repeat, that Nine billion loss racked up by Warner's streaming just ate every penny of prodit WB will  make from it;s threaticla movies, no matter how well they do.

It's looking more and more likely that Warner Bros. Games is on the short-list of assets to be sold off in order to avoid a complete breakup of the company. Microsoft-- who already bought Activision Blizzard in 2022-- has reportedly expressed interest in the subsidiary.

Edited by El Squibbonator
  • Like 1

I’m not salivating for Creature Commandos anymore or less than What If…’s third season and I still think that linking the DCU films, Max series and games an incredibly naive idea that won’t come to fruition at very least in the gaming front, neither I think it’s a good idea to have Creature Commandos as the first ‘true’ DCU project, but I gotta commend James Gunn for his dedication and love towards the comics that made all of this possible. These posts of his always warm my heart.

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not salivating for Creature Commandos anymore or less than What If…’s third season and I still think that linking the DCU films, Max series and games an incredibly naive idea that won’t come to fruition at very least in the gaming front, neither I think it’s a good idea to have Creature Commandos as the first ‘true’ DCU project, but I gotta commend James Gunn for his dedication and love towards the comics that made all of this possible. These posts of his always warm my heart.

Joe Kubert is one of my favorite DC artists.

I would much rather see an Sgt.Rock series, though.

Or a Enemy Ace series. that might be Kubert;s best work.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2024 at 10:33 PM, El Squibbonator said:

It's looking more and more likely that Warner Bros. Games is on the short-list of assets to be sold off in order to avoid a complete breakup of the company. Microsoft-- who already bought Activision Blizzard in 2022-- has reportedly expressed interest in the subsidiary.

I bet even with selling WB Games, they keep the IP for Mortal Kombat and others and have a licensing agreement. 

S and P puts you on a credit watch, you are in deep deep shit.

If you don;t  know, bank loans are how studios finaince their movies. And the banks hold S and P reports in very, very, high regard.

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The movies in the 21st century which are ahead of The Dark Knight are Force Awakens (90M), Avengers: Endgame (83.5M), and Avatar (74M). . .and that's literally it.

TDK at XMAS defeats all of them 

At Walmart I thought Furiosa would get the new poster.  Instead it only got 4 slots, 3 week old The Fall Guy still has the poster and somebody blocked the Furiosa disks with TFG disks.  

Granted WB has been dominating disk sales this year, so Furiosa bombing there is not bad for them.  Also The Bikeriders is outselling If.

Edited by Human

1 hour ago, Human said:

At Walmart I thought Furiosa would get the new poster.  Instead it only got 4 slots, 3 week old The Fall Guy still has the poster and somebody blocked the Furiosa disks with TFG disks.  

Granted WB has been dominating disk sales this year, so Furiosa bombing there is not bad for them.  Also The Bikeriders is outselling If.

Hell it's good to know one of the major retailers still sells Blu Rays/DVD and makes a point of it.

• Like 1

Warner Bros is still dominating the disk sales this year with Universal being their only competition.  Warner Bros has spots 1, 2, 4, 6, and half of 10.  Meanwhile Disney's top is 11, and I think Paw Patrol Jungle Pups is Paramount's best seller.