CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

If you are on Facebook, go check the various emotes available.

You've got Sponge Bob, Pixar, Hello Kitty, Despicable Me...and Snoopy. Not just once....twice. (Regular "Snoopy Moods" and a Snoopy for the Fall)

I don't see Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse anywhere.

So awareness isn't a problem for Snoopy. As said above, will people pay to buy a ticket.

The reason for no Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse is that licensing them would be prohibitively expensive for the sake of an emote icon.

Personally, I see this doing well, but not gigantic.

Goosebumps, Pan and Hotel Transylvania 2 will take a lot of families in. Peanuts isn't exactly the same - since it's G-rated and targets young kids, while HT2 is older kids, Pan is older kids/pre-teens, and Goosebumps is older kids/pre-teens/nostalgic teens and adults.

I'm thinking

$42 million OW

$147 million DOM 

3.5x is excellent, considering Good Dinosaur will take almost all of the family audiences from Thanksgiving until Alvin 4. 

Edited by mahnamahna

For Snoopy being such a "timeless" character his presence in pop culture has sure felt non-existent to me for as long as I can remember. The holiday special re-runs really are the only thing keeping the relevancy afloat, as far as I can tell. But I don't think those are as popular with kids today either. Even if they're casually tuning in, are they connecting at all? A lot of little kids will watch what you put on. Whether they like it is a different story.

Peanuts characters are the main mascots at Cedar Fair parks, plus there's MetLife...

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

The reason for no Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse is that licensing them would be prohibitively expensive for the sake of an emote icon.

Can't be that expensive.   They do have Sponge Bob, Pixar, Hello Kitty, Despicable Me...and Snoopy. Not just once....twice.    Pixar is also owned by Disney.