CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

When families go to movies, the kids are usually the ones that decide where to go. 

Why do people keep saying this?  

It wasn't true when I was a kid... it isn't true now that I'm a parent... I've never heard any of my friends with kids even imply that their kids pick the movies they go see.

It wasn't true when I was a kid... it isn't true now that I'm a parent... I've never heard any of my friends with kids even imply that their kids pick the movies they go see.

BTW... there were times when my kid was young that we took him to a kids movie that I thought he would like even though I know I wouldn't enjoy it.  But that's different from letting him pick the movies.... there has been tons of movies he wanted to see that we didn't go to.

As far as Peanuts goes.... even though I grew up with them I had no interest in the movie.  However, after seeing the trailer with IO I'm intrigued and we might go if we have a free weekend. 

I only dragged my mom to one movie which was Rugrats when I was 10 years old. (she hated it)

Otherwise there would be either one of two things:

1) Parents would go to an "adult" movie while we were given tickets for a kids movie

Or, more often

2) Parents took us to the movies that THEY wanted to see as well. For a long time until Incredibles they absolutely adored Pixar films. They did go to TS3 by themselves but that aside they are mostly over it. But when we were kids, our theatrical output was often guided by our parents' own favors. They control the kids much more than you would think.

Edited by goldenstate5
  • Like 1

Just saw a Peanuts reference on the TV show Modern Family.   (Lucy pulling the football away)

Reminds me of how a similarly filmed show, Arrested Development had a running gag featuring piano music from the Peanuts cartoons any time a character was "sad".    The first time they did it, there was a dog on top of a doghouse in the background.   :D

My kid picks the movies everytime.

Sometimes I'll let her tag along if I'm going to see something like Jurassic World, but I never pick movies for her.

Snoopy Party at @CineEurope2015!

#cineeurope #onoffpro

Una foto publicada por andreyvolgin (@andreyvolgin) el

https://instagram.com/p/4SWdfhhyfw/' style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_top">#cineeurope #snoopy #party #working #barcelona

Edited by A D3 Rebel
  • Like 1

This will probably be Blue Sky's most critically acclaimed film to date. Then again, it really doesn't have that to compete with, seeing as how none of their released films have gotten past 80% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm sure it'll easily surpass their previous films easily.

IS THIS GOING TO BE IN AN ANTHOLOGY FORMAT? BECAUSE THE TRAILER LOOKS LIKE A MISHMASH OF A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT PLOTLINES. SURE HOPE THEY DON'T TRY TO ACTUALLY COMBINE THEM ALL.

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

To me it looks like a thorough full story. The trailer is actually quite touching and this may be a tear-jerker.

At least for me because I'm pathetic. :P

The premise of the movie sounds like it'll be Ice Age-ish: a regular narrative involving Charlie Brown trying to impress the red-haired girl, and I imagine it'll seem a bit episodic as it goes from one set piece to another, along with a Scrat-like diversion every now and then with Snoopy fighting the Red Baron.

That's definitely the way I imagine the movie will be.

Edited by goldenstate5
  • Like 1

Oh no....

meghan-trainor-01-435.jpg

Meghan Trainor joins Charlie Brown and the rest of the original Peanuts crew to do what she does best: spread confidence through the power of dance. 

The "All About That Bass" singer, 21, is recording a new song for The Peanuts Movie, titled "Better When I'm Dancin' ", that's all about letting go of your insecurities and embracing your true self on the dance floor. Trainor spoke to PEOPLE about what it feels like to officially join the Peanuts gang.

GODDAMNIT BLUE SKY