CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

A lot of people don't like her because a) her music is terrible and B) she runs her mouth about stupid shit like saying how she tried to be anorexic but it was too hard.

And she disguises all of this in some fake feminism message that is more harmful than good.

Meh... All About That Bass is pretty great for a mainstream song. (Never read anything else about her or listened to any of her other music)

A lot of people don't like her because a) her music is terrible and B) she runs her mouth about stupid shit like saying how she tried to be anorexic but it was too hard.

And she disguises all of this in some fake feminism message that is more harmful than good.

Yeah, I know girls that despise her, and a lot of its due to her having a miseducated "wannabe feminist" attitude.

She's slowly becoming more irrelevant, having a song on a kids movie won't do anything for her. She should be gone by next year.

Yeah, I know girls that despise her, and a lot of its due to her having a miseducated "wannabe feminist" attitude.

She's slowly becoming more irrelevant, having a song on a kids movie won't do anything for her. She should be gone by next year.

Her album is still in the top 10 (#8) on last week's Billboard 200 despite having been out for 7 months. Her 3rd single reached the top 15 on Billboard Hot 100, and her new one is climbing on the chart. How is that irrelevant? I do agree we won't hear much about her next year, but that's because time has passed since her debut song & album. I think if she releases a new chatchy song for her new album, it can be a hit again.

No pop culture needs to be in the Peanuts.  The Peanuts are timeless. 

Uh,if you actually bother to READ the comics,Schultz made jokes and references to current pop culture all the time..I give you Woodstock as a prime example.

I have noted that lot of the time the ultra purists are actually pretty ignorant about the subjec they are so fanantical about.

• Like 3

Re Methan Trevor:

God, fanboys  are such Manic Depressives. Writng off the film because of who they chose to do a  final credits song. That is just stupid.

Everything has got to either "It's going to be great" or "It's going to suck" with some people.

Re Methan Trevor:

God, fanboys  are such Manic Depressives. Writng off the film because of who they chose to do a  final credits song. That is just stupid.

Everything has got to either "It's going to be great" or "It's going to suck" with some people.

I think the outrage earlier was because they thought Meghan Trainor had been added as the voice of a character in a film filled with non-famous child actors doing the voices of the Peanuts, not that she was contributing a song to the soundtrack.

Edited by filmlover

I think it's a bit of both. When Shrek got a PG, it was still when you had to earn it. Its success had to have contributed to studios WANTING their animated films to get PG, at the same time that the MPAA made it harder to get a G.

I honestly think at this rate, there should be another rating in between PG and PG-13, because all the G stuff has moved into PG, but "true" PG stuff is lumped in with it and you get "This is meant for kids?!" bellyaching over stuff like Coraline and Rango. If all animated/family films are going to get PG like they used to get G, maybe there needs to be a PG-8 or PG-9 or something for the stuff that would have gotten PG even *before* all the films that would have been G started getting PG (sort of like the E10+ that was introduced for video games).

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Got a G rating :wub: It's about time a kids movie got a kid-friendly rating lol Shaun the Sheep is not G? Why are the animation studios so determined to get PGs. I get it can make some animated films seem more adult but Shaun?
I recall Shaun having a bit of pretty risque humor. Don't think it was entirely unwarranted. IO gets pretty heavy near the end so I understand that. I expect Good Dinosaur will earn it as well Frozen is the one that makes the least amount of sense to me Edited by tribefan695

Canada's a whole lot easier on the rating system I believe. Basically, anything that is animated gets a G. Simpsons got PG, but all comic book movies get PG, and a lot of R rates films (Southpaw, Chappie etc) are 14A. There is the occasional 18A (300, Kick-Ass) but it is uncommon.