CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't like the look of this. I also think it won't do well.

It should at least do $30-35 million OW due to Goosebumps/HT2 winding down, Pan bombing, and everything else minus Spectre being sub-$10 million. HT2 benefited similarly its OW.

Peanuts should do fine. 

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

As has been stated the dead children's market will help this immensely. However, I am thinking something like Chicken Little or MegaMind / Puss In Boots for numbers. 

The market for kids movies hasn't been dead. What it will benefit from is that kids movies are Halloween based and will drop sharply next weekend.

5 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

I know, I meant TGD will hurt it. Unlike Inside Out vs. Minions, I think TGD all-around has the upper hand in appealling to families.

Peanuts will do gangbusters OS no matter what, though.

I'm also not positive about it doing well overseas. This is probably just me being not familiar with it since i'm not from America.

Twitter reactions from critics:

THE PEANUTS MOVIE: Right up there with Paddington for the most delightful thing I've seen all year.

THE PEANUTS MOVIE is good! More for kids than adults, but pretty cute. The animation is absolutely fantastic. It does Charlie Brown justice!

Been told I can't post my review until Thursday, so I can't say how wonderfully fun, charming and satisfying it is until then.

THE PEANUTS MOVIE: Utilizes the best of Charles Schulz's legacy while also appealing for a younger generation. One of the year's best films.

is so cute and nostalgic. great for people of all ages!

I highly recommend THE PEANUTS MOVIE. It's, like, LEGO movie good.

• Like 9