Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's been a while since you've summoned me. :P

I don't mind doing it (quite the opposite), I just haven't been paying close enough attention for the past few months to be doing it without a reminder.

I'm not sure how many final reviews we should expect for this one? Don't have a recent sequel to compare to.

Fury Road feels like the closest. Otherwise something like Dunkirk/The Martian could work.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

@Jason, it's been a while since I've seen the stats thing :ph34r:

Using the current total of 41/42 fresh reviews (98%), and assuming random sampling with a final total of ~350 reviews, the 95% confidence interval for the tomatometer is 89% - 99%.

Graph of the distribution is as follows:

sy1mJIH.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Not watching trailers to ruin the film but are they selling this like a kaboom blockbuster ?

yeah, each trailer has had a different imagine dragons song in it so i think they've really nailed this marketing campaign.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Scott Mendelson is the biggest fucking hack of all time.  Worse than Armond White.  

ehhhhhhhh let's not go that far :lol: 

1 minute ago, Jeriosnal said:

Mendelson went out of his way to defend mother! like he invested money in it.  Sad!

Good for him.

Easily the best sci fi film ever made, and one of the best films ever, right up there with godfather and boyhood and others on RT.

Villeneuve is a once in a multi generation type of director. Yes ,he is even better than Nolan. These two best of their age group by far(with the Wright brothers for sure). 

Villeneuve is probably the best and most visionary director in the past 50 years. thats saying something. Right up there with Kubrick, Kurosawa and Hitchcock.

Ranking of directors 40-50 age group 

1. Villeneuve(Sicario, Arrival, BR 2049)

2. Nolan(Inception, TDK, Memento, Dunkirk)

3. Wright brothers (Hot fuzz, World's end, Baby Driver)

98% RT

8.8 ave rating

85 Metascore

164 minute runtime

absolutely epic.

Edited by Halba
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Halba said:

Easily the best sci fi film ever made, and one of the best films ever, right up there with godfather and boyhood and others on RT.

Villeneuve is a once in a multi generation type of director. Yes ,he is even better than Nolan. These two best of their age group by far(with the Wright brothers for sure). 

98% RT

8.8 ave rating

85 Metascore

164 minute runtime

absolutely epic.

giphy.gif

57 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WB had absolutely nothing to do with the production or creation of this film; they are merely distributing it in the US and Canada. 

Congrats to Sony for making this quality film ! They deserve nearly all the credits along with Denis Villeneuve. I hope this film makes a killing in the FOREIGN markets. Imagine 400 million WW with a 9:1 FOREIGN/DOMESTIC split...

• Thanks 1