Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

I don't see what is so special about The Joker's performance. If he hadn't died, nobody would have been heralding it as the best performance to ever grace the screen. It's ridiculous the amount of praise that performance gets. It was fine, and Bardem's performance will probably be just as good. No big deal. I know loads of performances that were better than Ledger's. Speaking in a squeaky voice and pausing every 5 words is now seen as the best acting ever. Hmm ok.

I don't see what is so special about The Joker's performance. If he hadn't died, nobody would have been heralding it as the best performance to ever grace the screen. It's ridiculous the amount of praise that performance gets. It was fine, and Bardem's performance will probably be just as good. No big deal. I know loads of performances that were better than Ledger's. Speaking in a squeaky voice and pausing every 5 words is now seen as the best acting ever. Hmm ok.

:rofl:

:lol: :lol: Its always white people. We just drink some Mountain Dew and feel like no ghosts can beat us

LOL. Reminds of a spill review of Paranormal Activity where they said the black version of the movie would be that the couple hear a bump and yell "WE GONE!" and run the hell outta the house.
  • Like 6

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL. Reminds of a spill review of Paranormal Activity where they said the black version of the movie would be that the couple hear a bump and yell "WE GONE!" and run the hell outta the house.

:rofl: :rofl:

Posted Image
  • Like 2

I just think Ledger delivered an absolutely monumental performance, creating an extremely convincing psychopaths and one of the greatest villains in movies. He really became the Joker, and there were no false notes in his version of the character.

• Like 2

It's a great combination of many things. Heath owes a great deal to the dialogue written for him but other subtle cues is what elevates Heath's performance. One of my favorite moments of his performance is the scene with the pencil trick, there's a part where the Joker says he wants half of the mob's money, to which someone responds 'You're crazy....' and suddenly, the squeaky voice lowers a bit, and Heath says, 'I'm not....no I'm not' with an emphasis on the T. And right along with that, there's this subtle half eye shut that is simply amazing...it sort of signifies the madness to come. The range for the character to go from goofy and comedic to menacing (such as the video tape of him about to murdering the faux Batman), the mannerisms, the voice, was just a potent direction that brought an interpretation for the Joker tailor made for the new millennium.Best performance ever? No. But one of the defining performances of the post 2000 era? Yes.