Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

If Mark Zuckerberg in Social Network counts as a villain, I think he's up there with the Joker and The Jew Hunter.I think Eisenberg should have won the Oscar

Doesn't count as a villain as there is a biggish difference between a villain and a guy who's a dick.

Doesn't count as a villain as there is a biggish difference between a villain and a guy who's a dick.

I think the Zuckerberg character had some sort of autism/psychopathy combination. He was more than a dick, imo.I'm just saying that he's as magnetic as Waltz and Ledger

Funny. I didn't see Zuckerberg necessarily as a dick. I sympathized with him in many ways throughout the film, even if he was socially awkward and rude at times. But at the same time, the movie does a great job of portraying him as misunderstood.

Edited by MrPink

I don't see what is so special about The Joker's performance. If he hadn't died, nobody would have been heralding it as the best performance to ever grace the screen. It's ridiculous the amount of praise that performance gets. It was fine, and Bardem's performance will probably be just as good. No big deal. I know loads of performances that were better than Ledger's. Speaking in a squeaky voice and pausing every 5 words is now seen as the best acting ever. Hmm ok.

lulz

I just think Ledger delivered an absolutely monumental performance, creating an extremely convincing psychopaths and one of the greatest villains in movies. He really became the Joker, and there were no false notes in his version of the character.

Barney Ross: This sums up why most of us loved Ledger's performance. Nicholson was fantastic in Burton's take on the story. Nicholson naturally hammed up his role, but was dark when he needed to be. As Nolan's film was far more serious overall, Ledger found that nice balance of still hamming it up (after all, that is what the Joker is), but also to be incredibly violent and malicious. Joker is so insane that per the story, he was amazed when neither normal citizens nor criminals were willing to blow each other up. Ledger convinced us of that - he truly became the Joker character. As great as Nicholson is, there were still times I felt like I was watching Jack in a lot of make-up. I never felt that way about Ledger. Edited by doctoru2

I think Bardem, Ledger and Waltz have played the three definitive, iconic post-2000 villains that there are so far. Gotta love how each of them did it one year after the other and all three took very much deserved BSA Oscars.And yeah, Perks is just another Hurt Locker / Ghost Writer for Summit. It won't even do $20m, now that's a fuck-up by a distributor if I ever saw one.

If Mark Zuckerberg in Social Network counts as a villain, I think he's up there with the Joker and The Jew Hunter.I think Eisenberg should have won the Oscar

I've grown to respect Eisenberg. I just saw Adventureland and he was very good in that too. I used to consider him a slightly less annoying version of Michael Cera but now I realize he's much more than that.
  • Like 1