baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

Nikki said Paranormal Activity 4 is set for a $60m WW weekend. That still isn't bad. But it's a huge drop from 3, which was received well.I still havent seen the film, whereas I rushed out to the first 3 on opening night. I think thats the general reason why it's underperforming- franchise fatique and the trailer was the weakest of all of the films.

Wow, 8%. :rolleyes:The audience rating on RT for PA3 is 54%. PA1 is 56%. So, people liked PA3 just fine.

No, just no. Don't make the mistake of using Internet sites to judge what audience thought of a movie. The numbers speak for themselves.

2. Argo (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,247 Runs] R

Friday $5.5M (-8%), Weekend $19.0M, Cume $45.5M

Hmm, not sure about that. Could still go down. But nevertheless, a great hold.

Will be awesome if the hold holds but it`s too early so I`m not getting my hopes high. Edited by fishnets

Fishnets, do you like the PA franchise?

I saw the first movie and didn`t think it was scary. So the hype turned me off and I haven`t watched any sequel since. I really don`t care. This, Saw and F&F are some of franchises that I don`t follow and don`t even care to trash them because I don`t know them. I remember from the first movie that I liked Mica`s jokes and hated Katie for being annoying, and bad actress overall. Edited by fishnets

Great holds in general and wow at Argo. It's looking good for 100M+, HT for 150M and Taken 2 has a shot now to finish at or above Taken 1.I saw Argo yesterday, fantastic movie. I think it can win the BP at Oscars, it's that good.

Great holds in general and wow at Argo. It's looking good for 100M+, HT for 150M and Taken 2 has a shot now to finish at or above Taken 1.I saw Argo yesterday, fantastic movie. I think it can win the BP at Oscars, it's that good.

Its not always the best movie that wins the Oscar you know