The Social Network

55 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Social Network

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Solid film but nothing really special apart from the scenes when he acts like a jerk. 

B+

Its a good film but clearly another divergence between the internet and the real world has formed with this film. 

I think this was a very cold film.. Fully of snappy witty dialogue but did not connect much on an emotional level.

I think that is why audiences and the Academy preferred The King's Speech that year..

As you can tell with this and the Grey not a huge fan of dark and uber realism. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

This is the type of movies that I probably will never get bored watching. Definitelty a stright "A" for me. And I dont think any other director alive could've ever done better than what Fincher did.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

I think tribefan's review on the first page nailed it for me- it's an incredibly well made film that never resonated emotionally with me. Brilliantly shot and acted, but I could never make myself love it.

8/10

I don't think TSN was just "cold but great filmaking", it was an insight about our generation and how internet affected our lifestyles. The fast-paced editing (the facemash/phoenix party and the courtroom scenes, for example) or the confusing dialogue about multiple things in the intro are metaphors to our "gotta-do-everything-at-the-same-time" behaviour on our constatly wired life.

And that ending in which Mark is waiting for Erica to accept his friendship request (ironically, on facebook) by the sound of "Baby, you're a rich man" is just perfect.

• Like 9

Fincher is a master at keeping viewers engrossed through what could be a very boring scene in another directors hands, he's a genius. Top notch dialogue and great performances all round

A +

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

First time I rewatched since the release and my opinion changed from water to wine. it even made me sympathise with actors I don't usually like. Best Fincher by quite a margin

100/100

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2