ThatMovieGuy

The Halloween Franchise Best Films...(Rank the Halloween films)

So in the spirit of Halloween why not list off you're favorite films to the greatest Halloween franchise to you're least favorite, I'm curious to see what everyone thinks is the best and why? I'm sure were gonna see a lot of the Original Carpenter Masterpiece so list off the others in which u liked best to least.Halloween - It's what made Slasher films 9/10Halloween 2 - Great sequel and one of my favorites of the series 8/10Halloween 3: Season of the With - I Just didn't understand why this was necessary, it was dull, I hated the Characters, and Guys in black suits to replace Michael Meyers??? just wtf!!Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Meyers - most likely my second favorite of the series this one was a whole lot of fun with a nice twist. 8.0/10Halloween 5 - Half Decent, i actually wasn't crazy about this one, but I would try it again. 6.5/10Halloween The Curse of Michael Meyers - Decent fun,and did a great job, adding a different feel then its sequels. 6/10Halloween H20 - great cast. worthy sequel. 6.5/10Halloween Resurrection: started watching it, turned it off after Michael stabbed a boy with his own Video tripod.Halloween (( Rob Zombie Remake )) - I didn't re watch yet but I really like rob zombie and I remember liking this one a lot at the time.Halloween 2 ((Rzr)) - remember watching this once and remember begging myself to never put myself through that kind of torture again.

Edited by ThatMovieGuy

1. Halloween - B+

2. Halloween H20 - B+

3. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers - C

4. Halloween: The Revenge of Michael Myers - D

5. Halloween: The Return of Michael Myers - D

6. Halloween II - D

7. Halloween (2007) - D

9. Halloween Resurrection - D

8. Halloween II (2009) - D-

10. Halloween: Season of the Witch - F

Halloween - A+Halloween 2- BHalloween 3 - DHalloween 4 - BHalloween 5 - B-Halloween 6 - DHalloween: H20 - B+Halloween Ressurection - DHalloween 1 remake - C-Halloween 2 remake - D- (only reason not an F is Danielle Harris is in the movie :P )

• Like 1

1. Halloween - A+2. Halloween 2 - A-3. Halloween 4 - B+4. Halloween H20 - B5. Halloween 5 - B-6. Halloween 6 - C7. Halloween Resurrection - D-I don't even count Halloween 3. No Michael Myers = No Halloween.Remakes:Halloween - BHalloween 2 - F

• Like 1

Halloween 10/10Halloween 2 9/10Halloween H20 8.5/10Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers 8.2/10Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers 8/10Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers 7.8/10Halloween 2007 4.5/10Halloween 2009 4.0/10Halloween Resurrection .01/10Halloween 3:Season of the Witch is not a Halloween film in my book. If I had to rank it as a standalone film, I'd give it a 5/10 or something like that.

• Like 1

Cool thread ... never checked it out before ... Halloween has always been my favorite horror franchise.  Mid 90s ... was probably 12 or 13 when I first saw it and became OBSESSED ... I was deathly disappointed when Halloween 6 didn't come to my theater in 1995.  (Of course, it's one of the worst entries, so no big loss ... but at the time, it was traumatic for me.  I don't 'hate' the Zombie entries and consider them better than a couple previous, but in general there's really only a couple really 'good' movies.

Ranks

1) Halloween A ... one of the absolute best horror films of all time ... in my all time top 20.

2) Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers B ... Very good sequel, lots of great Michael kills, a few characters you can actually cheer on and hope don't die.  Rachel and Jaime work well together, and the fact that Rachel died so early in Part 5 killed that film.

3) Halloween 2 B ... It's a sequel with a different atmosphere and different level of tension than the prior film.  Loved the hospital setting as the hallways made you wonder if Michael would come out at any moment.  But again, it's not the original and the fact they had to up the violence reinforces the notion that Carpenter knew as much.

4) Halloween: H20 B  ... not very violent, only a couple kills, but it's much more like the original film in that sense.  Too many 'young actors and actresses of the moment' when re-watching it.  You can see a young Joseph Gordon Levitt with a ice skate in his face though. :)

5) Halloween (2007) B- ... Trailer park trash Michael isn't exactly what I was asking for, but I kind of like build up.  My issue is that it becomes a paint by #s remake once he reaches Haddonfield, but without the tension of the original. Always found it crazy that Jaime Lloyd was now Annie Loomis in this universe ...

6) Halloween : The Curse of Michael Myers - Producers Cut C+ ... still not a great film, but the P-Cut definitely makes the story somewhat more understandable.  The ending & following film would have been crazy if Pleasence hadn't died.

7) Halloween 2 (2009) C+ ... the first 20 minutes are great IMO, it somewhat falls apart after that, but hobo Michael was certainly different.  I prefer the directors cut ending.

8) Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers  C ... Jaime Lloyd having a psychic connection with Michael ... not great, but did have the intrigue of the Man in Black.

9) Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers - Theatrical Cut C- ... a hacked together film due to Pleasence death, but it does technically introduce Paul Rudd to the world, although Clueless might have came out before this was released.

10) Halloween: Resurrection D+ ... Busta Rhymes beating on Michael is just disgusting and it destroys it for me. 

11) Halloween 3: The Season of the Witch C+ - it's a better film than many above, but lack of Myers always hurt it for me.  The theme song for this movie is freaky addictive.

Edited by Adam