firedeep

China Box Office: General Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Olive said:

006BYFzyly1fxymjjnfjrj30u01hcu0y.jpg

very lame poster on crossing 200M

Don't judge an unfortunate graphics person who was abruptly ordered to rush out a poster by higher-ups.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Don't judge an unfortunate graphics person who was abruptly ordered to rush out a poster by higher-ups.

At 1 am. :whosad:

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

At least one of Ant-Man 2 or Aquaman won't make it (AM2 very unlikely at this point). Still an amazing year considering the top 2.

What if Into The Spider-Verse sneaks into the Top 10? :ph34r: Even if both AQM and MPR pass 700M, the No. 10 film only has to finish in the higher 600's. A longshot for Miles and Ralph/Grinch final totals are to be seen, but with these raves and award nominations (and wins) for Spider-Verse, who knows?

We have to be near Peak Superhero? I mean, it can't much better(/worse) than this.

But... you haven't even seen DC, X-Men and Spider-Man fully in their prime yet!

+ more fun characters like Shang Chi, Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel, an above average take on Doctor Doom and Fantastic Four etc. still to come.

• Thanks 1

Amazing OD by Aquaman. And Saturday is looking even better. Sat PS up almost 45% which is miles better than what Venom had (which I think was up about 10% or so). With the ratings being this good, the drops are going to be very good. Its gonna blow past initial OW estimates of 65m. It’s probably gonna end up in the 85m OW range which would mean it has the best PS to OW multi of any SH movie (atleast those that i track, which is basically the last 2-3 years). This is gonna go past 200m easily at this rate. Although catching Venom will be an uphill task

This is incredible. First Venom and now this. I wonder what is the reason for this sudden uptick in grosses for SH movies. I mean till before Venom almost all solo SH movies ended up in the range of 90-120m final gross no matter how well received. But now these two movies are gonna break that trend and break them hard. I know one explaination for this is that the market was/is starved of big hollywood tentpoles and both Venom and Aquaman will benefit from it. But is that the only reason? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

This is incredible. First Venom and now this. I wonder what is the reason for this sudden uptick in grosses for SH movies. I mean till before Venom almost all solo SH movies ended up in the range of 90-120m final gross no matter how well received. But now these two movies are gonna break that trend and break them hard. I know one explaination for this is that the market was/is starved of big hollywood tentpoles and both Venom and Aquaman will benefit from it. But is that the only reason? 

One word: Tencent

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

One word: Tencent

Perhaps, but these are not the first movies to be promoted by Tencent. They did Wonder Woman too but that ended as one of the lower grossing SH movies. 

But if they really are the difference makerr then it bodes well for Bumblebee/Terminator/Top Gun coz they are promoting those too

AQM is 9.5 on Maoyan after 80,000 ratings.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

Die erfolgreichsten US-Filme in China (Besucher):

1) 72.775.096 Fast & Furious 8

2) 62.447.888 Fast & Furious 7

3) 62.356.094 Avengers - Infinity War

4) 51.913.625 VENOM (28 Tage) = 28 days

5) 47.459.160 Jurassic World 2

German cinema website:

most successful admissions for US movies in China

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Amazing OD by Aquaman. And Saturday is looking even better. Sat PS up almost 45% which is miles better than what Venom had (which I think was up about 10% or so). With the ratings being this good, the drops are going to be very good. Its gonna blow past initial OW estimates of 65m. It’s probably gonna end up in the 85m OW range which would mean it has the best PS to OW multi of any SH movie (atleast those that i track, which is basically the last 2-3 years). This is gonna go past 200m easily at this rate. Although catching Venom will be an uphill task

Looks like around 600 mill yuan OW IMO. And yes. 200 seems very likely atp

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

German cinema website:

most successful admissions for US movies in China

TF4 should be on that list

6 minutes ago, POTUS said:

how many admissions?

32 minutes ago, POTUS said:

A lot of European countries measure box office by number of tickets(admissions) rather than money made, so maybe that’s why.

59 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

how many admissions?

32 minutes ago, Manny G said:

A lot of European countries measure box office by number of tickets(admissions) rather than money made, so maybe that’s why.

Ticket are nearly the same price I believe. @Olive could confirm.  I believe Y35 is about the average

it did 1.976B/$318m

56.4m Adm @35 per ticket

PS reached 52m.  260-270m with 5-5.2x

Vm did 303 Sat,  223 Sun

223m is the target for Sun. if Aq is close to that, Its dailies will be bigger during the week and beat it

Edited by POTUS
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Ticket are nearly the same price I believe. @Olive could confirm.  I believe Y35 is about the average

it did 1.976B/$318m

56.4m Adm @35 per ticket

before I try to mail to them I need an exact number

China will be even more hyped for Avengers: Endgame with their favourite character Ant-Man having a decent presence 

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

Just now, nevermore said:

Aquaman still at 9.5 on Maoyan after 90k ratings.

What's the record?

Aquaman total, 5232.63, has literally not budged a point in the last several hours on Maoyan even as others on the list have been steadily selling. Glitch in the system?