A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Yeah.... all-time biggest 2nd Friday is really dreadful. :D

@firedeep/olive

BTW what is the record for 3rd Friday/weekend?

Previous biggest Friday in 3rd week was Journey to the West (37m ---- 2013.2.22), which, opened on Sunday (2.10), also holds the biggest 3rd week (337m). If TF4 can get to 1710m by this Sunday, which means a 340m week (1710m - 1370m), it would take the 3rd week record from JTTW. Going to be close race ...

Previous biggest 3rd Friday though was Lost in Thailand, which opened on 2012.12.12, with 32m (2012.12.28).

• Like 2

Friday early 

Transformers 4 40M/$6.45M,  Total : 1602M/$258.39M(15 days)

Old Boy:The Way of The Dragon, 23M/$4.03MTotal : $7.32M(2 days)

The Breakup Guru 19M/$3.06M, Total : 517/$83.39M(15 days)

Also,

​Maleficent 1.45M/$0.23M, Total : 281M/$45.32M 

Malef already dead and gone.

$45M is low for a movie that is a smash hit in many countries. But considering China's taste in movies (SH & giant robots), that gross is pretty substantial.

Frozen made 48m in China. Pretty eerie how similar the two movies ended up. :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

imdb is a cesspool of bodily excretement. 

Agree. -_-  Stay away from imdb boards at all costs unless you enjoy hitting your head against the wall and have it crumbled on top of you.

Saturday est 

Transformers 4 60M/$9.68M Total : 1670M/$269.35M(16 days)

Old Boy:The Way of The Dragon 28.5M/$4.6MTotal : 73.1M/$11.8M(3 days)

The Breakup Guru 25.5M/$4.11M, Total : 544/$87.74M(16 days)

firedeep was right again. :o

He also predicted 50M Sunday. :mellow:

• Like 1

Don't let Noctis get under your skin, Katch.  His sole purpose on these boards now seems to be to be a bitch.  He tries to get under everyone's skin, don't let him do it to you.  Just don't respond to his posts. 

And regarding Transformers, just take comfort in the fact that it will make a billion dollars WW.  :)

• Like 3

Don't let Noctis get under your skin, Katch.  His sole purpose on these boards now seems to be to be a bitch.  He tries to get under everyone's skin, don't let him do it to you.  Just don't respond to his posts. 

And regarding Transformers, just take comfort in the fact that it will make a billion dollars WW.  :)

I knew what he was doing, just couldn't help myself.

I've been a member of a few boards - sports, comics, movies, music, etc. because I loved reading comments and discussions among the passionate like-minded people but years and years of dealing with insufferable haters took it tolls and made me a bit over-sensitive. And I thought I'd developed thicker skinned before I started posting here. :lol:

You still think it can reach 1 billion?

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 2

Don't let Noctis get under your skin, Katch.  His sole purpose on these boards now seems to be to be a bitch.  He tries to get under everyone's skin, don't let him do it to you.  Just don't respond to his posts. And regarding Transformers, just take comfort in the fact that it will make a billion dollars WW.  :)

You keep calling me a bitch repeatedly because I hate on your series. Grow up.
  • Like 2