A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

13 minutes ago, firedeep said:

150m OD locked

150m (+10MN)   

180m (a bit of a pessimistic +20%)   

150 (a bit of a pessimistic -17%)    

Would be 490. Unless you’re including midnight there, not totally sure what the convention is. 

Edited by Thanos Legion

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

150m (+10MN)   

180m (a bit of a pessimistic +20%)   

150 (a bit of a pessimistic -17%)    

Would be 490. Unless you’re including midnight there, not totally sure what the convention is. 

150 OD locks 500 OW. Its not going to drop more than 10% on Sunday. 

4 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Lol - I have seen reviews that stated this, direct translation 

‘This movie is garbage, waste of money, spend your money wisely on Ant Man instead’

also - if you see the same guy putting 1 star on this movie and 5 star on Ant Man, pretty sure its a fan trying to push down competition.

Because surely it isnt possible for a person to have liked one of the movie and disliked the other without being a fanboy, right?

• Like 2

Ant Man is at about 101.68m at 5 pm doing about 8m per hour. Black Panther was at about 90m by 5 pm doing 7m per hour. 

Now regarding Saturday. BP did indeed had higher Sat PS than AM2. One day out BP had 12.93m for Sat PS whereas AM2 only had 9.03m. BP went on to have a final Sat PS of 50m and a Sat increase of 31%. 

AM2’s Sat PS is at 23 million right now so dont know whether it can manage to match BP’s 50m or not. 

Right now I’m thinking an increase tomorrow of around 20% is where we are headed and an OW right around 70m USD or so. Lets see how that pans out

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, firedeep said:

that's nearly a 100% increase over AM1 OW wise, much more than solid. 

was thinking in terms of usd. $70 would be 64% bump from am1's ow and yeah that's very good assuming legs close to 2x.

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Only 10 negative reviews on Maoyan for Big Brother. Some said it sucks, but none of them mentioned Ant-Man 2. I never see Marvel fans did something like that. If they did this and have the power to change the score, Black Panther and SpiderMan are 9.0 not 8.0.

Also distributor of Big Brother Bona Film Group did pay water army the money many times, giving negative reviews to competitors.

And I saw big Brother. Very bad. Donnie Yen shouldn’t star this shit.

Sincere apologies if i offended anyone, there are 10k votes on Maoyan, and the negative reviews are much more than 10... 

There a few reviews like that on maoyan and tieba, too many to scroll through and find it back. but i definitely saw some. 

I am not generalising Marvel fans - i like marvel as well, but i was just stating what i saw - and apparently this offended many?

As for big brother, the film, it has over 10k votes on maoyan and is at 9.0...so i am not sure what movie you have watched? I watched it myself and i see audiences tearing up. I mean you can just google audience reviews from from other parts of Asia. Saying its "sh!t" is a little overboard don't you think?

Once again - i hope both films do well, China is a big enough market to have numerous films opening together on the same weekend. We don't need to bash one film to promote another.

Cheers :)

• Thanks 1