A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

On 12/11/2022 at 8:24 AM, hw64 said:

Heavily, heavily backloaded. Avatar 2's Saturday presales are fucking 96% of Friday which is incredibly unusual; F8's Saturday presale's were like 45% of Friday at the same point.

800-1b in China???

" Let's Get it Done!"

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

The review is also incredible,the only concerned now is covid influence,as far as I know that most people still afraid of this

Oh boy Bruce let's hope folks come out  and of course it's safe as well for them to enjoy their Avatar viewing.👍😎

Now that things are opening up the virus is ready to run loose and its asked from the citizens to take care of preventive measures socialy, instead of harsh lockdowns, I feel that the impact of people being afraid to go for 3 hours in a closed space will be quite sunstantial. Especially in 50%+ filled Imax etc showings on big cities . Pre-sales wont rise as aexpected ,OW will be lower but maybe the legs will be better . Probably not the most representative sample but searching for Avatar and scrolling through wiebo you find a ton of posts with that line of thinking from people who say they want to go see the movie

• Like 1

For now i think we should take the low box office range for china

I noticed that there are ton of people complain about the government loose the zero-coid policy and said they won't come out until they get safe...the presale trends is abnormal,so....I expected CHINA now is 400m

Edited by Bruce
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Not good? What's maoyan rating?

I think it's similar to what Infinity War's early douban score was unless my memory is failing me. Endgame had an astounding 9.3 iirc, could be spam voting though. Either way, it's good. Weird that a score is already out though.

Edited by JustLurking