A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 hour ago, bladels said:

Here we go again.

I'm tired of people calling movie a disappointment because they don't meet their unreasonable expectation. IW then FK and now I2.

Every Pixar movies except Coco flopped in China. Even Coco had a very weak OW, you can't expect every Pixar movies to recreate Coco's unique situation.

Oh c'mon.  I'll be happy with whatever it does.  I want EVERY movie to do well with very few exceptions unlike almost everyone on this forum.  Once the numbers come in, I'll be happy with them.  But yeah, I always expect big things of any movie I'm interested in, so what?   I'm not trying to hurt anyone else's mood, but yeah I'm excited and I expect big numbers.  

To be clear I am predicting >100M anyway based on the reasons I mentioned.  And if I'm wrong I'll say I was wrong. And until then I'll be hoping it gets there.  You guys do your own thing to protect yourselves from disappointment.  I'll do my thing and aim high/enjoy the ride.  

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

To be clear I am predicting >100M anyway based on the reasons I mentioned.  And if I'm wrong I'll say I was wrong. And until then I'll be hoping it gets there.  You guys do your own thing to protect yourselves from disappointment.  I'll do my thing and aim high/enjoy the ride.  

In my case, I try to be realistic, that's all. I have suffered many disapointments in the past being too optimistic. I love Pixar and I wish China could give us bigger numbers, but past say that they do not usually love this kind of films. Maybe the SH factor can be positive and this jumps like Coco did, but for the moment I prefer to be prudent.

15 minutes ago, peludo said:

In my case, I try to be realistic, that's all. I have suffered many disapointments in the past being too optimistic. I love Pixar and I wish China could give us bigger numbers, but past say that they do not usually love this kind of films. Maybe the SH factor can be positive and this jumps like Coco did, but for the moment I prefer to be prudent.

Honestly, I don't come hear to predict the most likely outcome.  I try to predict surprises and so end up wrong plenty.  I don't fault anyone for their own approach if it's different, but I just take a little exception to the idea I'm ruining things for anyone.  I guess I used the word "disappointed" too freely.  It would disappoint me if I'm wrong but it's such a small, fleeting thing until I'm excitedly "overpredicting" the next movie.

But yes, I'm watching this movie tomorrow, hope it's great, and hope it shocks everyone 

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

Honestly, I don't come hear to predict the most likely outcome.  I try to predict surprises and so end up wrong plenty.  I don't fault anyone for their own approach if it's different, but I just take a little exception to the idea I'm ruining things for anyone.  I guess I used the word "disappointed" too freely.  It would disappoint me if I'm wrong but it's such a small, fleeting thing until I'm excitedly "overpredicting" the next movie.

But yes, I'm watching this movie tomorrow, hope it's great, and hope it shocks everyone 

That is my real concern. If it does more or less in box office is secondary to me.

Incredbiles isn't one of the highest received Pixar movies in China.

Its Douban score is 7.9, that much lower than Ice Age's 8.4, and  way lower than TS3 or WALL-e, which are 8.8 and 9.3

Incredbiles 2 will have tough competitions , it opens 2nd week of JWFK.

And local movies starts to pouring in the week after it, which will prevent it develop legs like Coco.

Edited by Olive

26 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

When should we get the Maoyan rating?

21 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Usually after midnights previews are over. So very early morning Friday local China time. 

So in about 28 -30 hours from now we will have decent amount of early reactions but we might get them as early as 27 hours from know. (Atm it's 00.17am Thursday morning in China) The movies will start at 00.00 am Friday and end about 2.15 hours later. Then you have to give it some time before you ll get a decent amount of ratings.