A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

If its like the USA, then Summer is more loaded in late hours.

Normally the RR increases 100% in the evening but with summer its closer to 50%.

its choppy. Running at 10-12m ph average. that'll increase to the mid teens later.

210-215m which is in line with an expected 130pm midpoint. 

PSm = 3.2

Summer Sat bump is just 15-20% unless the 9.2 rating pushes it

Summer Sun hold is tighter at 15-20% 

22m

689m/$100.3m

700m+ OW is of course very possible

1.5B/$218m likely with summer weekdays, 9.2 rating and not much competition ahead.  MCU solo high.

IW and EG have definitely raised the ceiling across the board on SH's after being flat for 3 years

• Like 6

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

nah the mcu could have 5 billion this year from 3 movies, thats more crazy

Warner bros had a record breaking year last year with 5.6bn at the global box office 

MCU alone may hit 5bn this year.... Crazy doesnt even begin to describe it. 4bn last year, ~5bn this year, its almost nauseating haha. The MCU is top notch but it sucks the oxygen out of the BO for other movies. I hope going forward some deserving up and coming films/franchises get a little room to shine as well

Edited by Justin4125
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't see any of MCU movie next year hitting 1 billion.

Eternals is a wild card. Crazy characters, cool director, weird writers and some great diverse actors. Still the trailers, the marketing and the WOM have to be good for it to reach that number.

Black Widow will do well budget to gross wise. Like the director and the actors in that aswell, but I dont see it going any higher than 800m

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UserHN said:

Will this be Sony's 1st ever billionaire?

Skyfall? 

RR at about 10 per hour right now, don't see it doing much more than 210 unless it really accelerates late in the evening. 

Tomorrow’s PS is currently half of what OD Final PS was so it needs to gain a lot. I would expect a small increase tomorrow rather than a big one. 

19 minutes ago, Sindreee said:

Eternals is a wild card. Crazy characters, cool director, weird writers and some great diverse actors. Still the trailers, the marketing and the WOM have to be good for it to reach that number.

My only problem is that it is releasing too close to another sci-fi epic. 

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah. Dune will make about half of what The Eternals will but it should be direct competition especially considering that it will also be PG-13.

Yeah, domestic Dune will do well I think. No clue how it will perfom OS though.

So I realised that the new guy @richtmancharles is giving sad reactions to generally any post... This is incredible phase shift just like MCU from phase 1 being 'NOT COOL', to 2nd phase being 'SAD'... Just phenomenal stuff as usual from another Shivampa alt.. :rofl:

• Sad 1