A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

Avatar boosted box office of movies around it and after (see: AiW). The Avatar blessing vs the Endgame curse.

Nah, I know you said this cheekily. But let's play along with some different takes

1. temporal correlation does not mean causative correlation. This summer offerings are generally lacking in hype and quality. It can be postulated that if not for Endgame, most other movies would have done even worse. There is no way to prove one way or another
  2. Endgame excels in content, Avatar excelled in presentation/tech. Perhaps after Endgame, the audience's demand for quality films are somewhat increased, while after Avatar, those films that touted 3D (like AiW) benefited.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

And by the way, a weird spoiler for TLK

Hide contents

CGI Simba don't have balls.

Tnat's not a spolier... it's shown in some trailers when Rafiki raises Simba on the pride rock. 

That shocked me a bit. I mean, Disney is lately very engaged with gender and lgtb ideologies and all that ... but then they go full on puritans and castrate all their cgi hyperrealistic animals in TLK (I think grown up lions don't have balls either). At least for what i've seen in the trailers. Don't know about Rafiki. 

Not saying they should go totally explicit and detailed on the sex rendering definition, but at least defining a "bulky something" showing there's "something" down there. Can be kind of confusing for kids ... most of them sure have pet dogs and know what is down there.

5 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

A big decrease for HAS from FF8, could mean FF9 might decrease too next year?

Do you mean F9 < F8 or F9 < H&S? If you mean F9 < H&S, I don't think so. H&S is a spinoff while F9 is a main event film. You could treat it like a SW movie pattern where there are spinoffs and there are main event films. If I were to make a prediction, I think F9 will be greater than H&S but less than F8. Just like TLJ was greater than RO but less than TFA.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Why will Fast 9 be below the preceding two? Is the franchise just past its peak in China?

F9 is also missing two main cast members from the series (The Rock and Statham), so reception and hype probably won't be as high as F7 or F8. However, F10 has a chance to be the biggest in the franchise if it is marketed as the finale.