A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Kate Winslet's Titanic 3D Breasts Banned in China

"Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people's viewing. To avoid potential conflicts between viewers and out of consideration of building a harmonious ethical social environment, we've decided to cut off the nudity scenes."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My Thursday estimte is 9.5M $.Btw, that Wed number still holds.

So that is what you are predicting for Thurs?Can someone help me out here? It's been a while since I looked into the idiosynchrisies of foreign box office. Isn't the weekend for many international markets considered to start on a Thursday? How does it work?

So that is what you are predicting for Thurs?Can someone help me out here? It's been a while since I looked into the idiosynchrisies of foreign box office.Isn't the weekend for many international markets considered to start on a Thursday? How does it work?

Thats not just prediction, its tracking.Every day we can track a certain movie's sellouts online here, though only about 10~20% of tickets sell can be tracked:http://tbzs.sinaapp.com/wp.phpThen compare it with the previous day's box office, we can get estimates of the day. Its not accurate but generally reliable. We always do that.In some OS markets, wkn counts from Thuesday to Sunday; In Japan, only Saturday and Sunday are wkn; and in China, wkn counts Fri, Sat and Sun. Edited by firedeep

Damn James Cameron, he really can't help but become richier with every release no?I wonder if Hollywood expected to reach this level of earnings from China so soon. Only a few days ago we were saying Chinese results could only equal DOM numbers in ten years! And even though being a 3D re-release makes this an exceptional case, I can't say many people expected this scenario.It also has to be considered that Titanic has pretty much all ingredients to become a monster on the box office; it appeals to nearly every kind of audience you could think of, so it's not like every blockbuster after this is going to repeat its results.

WOW this is so stupid. That was just a joke popularly quoted in the last few days on a lot of Chinese forums and blogs, and now some dummy from IMDB believed it was true?

This was first reported in English here...http://offbeatchina....chinese-viewers

“I waited 15 years to see 3D boobs, not 3D iceberg

:POr you can check how the Inidan guys reported:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hollywood/news-interviews/Censoring-takes-3D-Titanic-fun-out-for-Chinese/articleshow/12620108.cms

Three cinema theatres in Beijing were packed for the movie's debut screening Tuesday, despite the high ticket price -- 150 yuan ($24) -- and the inconvenient midnight hour of the screening."It is expensive, but tickets still sell out. People just prefer to watch movies like this," Liu Hui, manager of a cinema hall, told Xinhua.Even outside Beijing, screenings of the film in 3D cinemas in other large cities sold out days before the movie was released."I have watched Titanic seven or eight times. I'm here for the story rather than the visual effects. It's such touching love story," said 27-year-old Liu Jianwen, who lined up with his girlfriend for tickets outside a cinema in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia.The 1997 movie was based on a tragic love story that takes place on board the doomed British liner, which sank in the north Atlantic on its maiden voyage in 1912 after hitting an iceberg.The movie was a phenomenal success globally, and grossed 360 million yuan ($57 million) when it entered the Chinese market in 1998.A ticket to see the "Titanic" at that time cost 25 yuan.Still, despite the special effects, and reworked footage, many fans were disappointed.Some were upset about missing out on the romantic but controversial scenes in which Kate Winslet posed nude for sketches. Internet forums and microblogging sites were abuzz with criticism of the censorship."I've been waiting almost 15 years, and not for the 3D icebergs," said a post.Cinemagoers said censors had allowed the movie to be screened uncut back in 1998.However, an online survey conducted by microblogging site Sina Weibo, 73 percent of those polled said the movie was "great". Only 12 percent expressed dissatisfaction."'Titanic' shows us what love is about. Many people nowadays pay too much attention to material wealth, especially on who they should marry," said Qi Lunna, a university professor.

Edited by firedeep

LOL, nice to see that SARFT thinks the audience are little children who will be so immersed in the movie that they grab the person's hair in front of them by accident.

I once watched an acrobatic show in HK when an old chinese lady got overwhelmed by the performance. When a girl seemed to fall into the audience she hit her arms very hard into my back and was very embarrased when I turned around to look what had hit me. So I can well believe people get distracted.