Chongqing Hot Po
Finding Mr Right 2
The Three-Body Problem
Ip Man 3
The Lost Tomb

Not considering sleep hits ... 

There is one more:

http://news.mtime.com/2016/01/15/1551510.html#p20

Wong Jing directed <王牌逗王牌> dates Dec 24th, starring Andy Lau, Huang Xiaoming, Shen Teng, Wang Zulan, etc. If Great Wall is indeed scheduled for Dec 16th, it will be Andy Lau VS Andy Lau ... :ph34r:

Kung Fu Yoga also rumored for Dec (it will probably set for CNY 2017 to battle JTTW 2)

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 2

Saturday Estimates

Boonie Bears III OD 56.4M/87.5M inc previews

Star Wars: TFA 55.6M/590M

Go Fighting: 28.1M/56.6M

Last Witch Hunter: 22.5M/40.5M

Detective Chinatown: 11.75M/714M

The Secret: 11.6M/32.1M

Solace: 5.6M/25.3M

Mr. Six: 5.2M/864M

Mojin: 2.68M/1.658B

Sherlock: 1.85M/152M

Boonie Bears resets record for biggest opening day by a local animation. 

Edited by jiangsen
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, jiangsen said:

Saturday Estimates

Boonie Bears III OD 56.4M/87.5M inc previews

Star Wars: TFA 55.6M/590M

Go Fighting: 28.1M/56.6M

Last Witch Hunter: 22.5M/40.5M

Detective Chinatown: 11.75M/714M

The Secret: 11.6M/32.1M

Solace: 5.6M/25.3M

Mr. Six: 5.2M/864M

Mojin: 2.68M/1.658B

Sherlock: 1.85M/152M

Boonie Bears resets record for biggest opening day by a local animation. 

Very bad for TFA.

Boonie Bears record will be destroyed in 13 days...

5 minutes ago, firedeep said:

Bad news: Deadpool is dead, didnt pass SARFT's censorship 

Don't know whether this is actually bad or good since with Cap Am 3, Dr Stranger, Sucide Squad and BvS coming out this year, and so many other superhero movies.. I don't think Chinese will miss Deadpool that much. =)

BTW do you think SW:TFA will outgross Detective Chinatown? I certainly hope not, just base on the quality of films themselves.

3 hours ago, quigquag33 said:

I thought Saturday increased from Friday close to 100% for most films. Why such a low increase for SW7?

3 hours ago, fmpro said:

Maybe due to loss of screens

Not all movies bump 35/70 or 40/100 on fri/sat. Depends on age demo. AOU and spidey bumped like that but FF7 and MI5 were close to 20/50% like SW7

2 hours ago, firedeep said:

It's Alpes suger.

But KFP3 has nothing to do with turning the tide of HLW woes ... because it's a local movie (an official China-US coproduced one to be exact)... box office will be counted as domestic in China.

I believe Western media would still report it as a HLW film. But this is an interesting point that I missed. I guess a lot more films may be produced in this arrangement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, firedeep said:

There is one more:

Wong Jing directed <王牌逗王牌> dates Dec 24th, starring Andy Lau, Huang Xiaoming, Shen Teng, Wang Zulan, etc. If Great Wall is indeed scheduled for Dec 16th, it will be Andy Lau VS Andy Lau ... :ph34r:

Kung Fu Yoga also rumored for Dec (it will probably set for CNY 2017 to battle JTTW 2)

Which movie do you think is gonna win? Kung Fu Yoga sounds eh.. but Jackie Chan is in it.

11 hours ago, firedeep said:

There is one more:

Such a big year of Andy Lau, 4 big movies a year. Macau 3/Feb, The Bodyguard/March, The Great Wall & 王牌逗王牌. I'm sure he wills be The King of 2016. 

13 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Don't know whether this is actually bad or good since with Cap Am 3, Dr Stranger, Sucide Squad and BvS coming out this year, and so many other superhero movies.. I don't think Chinese will miss Deadpool that much. =)

BTW do you think SW:TFA will outgross Detective Chinatown? I certainly hope not, just base on the quality of films themselves.

should be very close, hard to tell

On 15/1/2016 at 11:09 AM, TigerPaw said:

WOM in China for SW7 is now very negative, and people claiming never to watch another SW movie again, I am really fearful for Rogue One and Ep8 now. SW7 did not successful introduce the franchise to Chinese audiences, and infact may deter audiences.. =( 

Wooow :o They may never watch another SW movie again? Ironically, they would love to see more films like Transformers, Fast and Furious, Monster Hunt......The Quality of Movie Industry is lost, if China is the next salvation for many films. 

16 minutes ago, KenterKane said:

Wooow :o They may never watch another SW movie again? Ironically, they would love to see more films like Transformers, Fast and Furious, Monster Hunt......The Quality of Movie Industry is lost, if China is the next salvation for many films. 

Oh, c'mon. It's not just China. TF is bigger thatn SW in other OS markets as well. FF in a hell lot of markets. That doesn't mean you have better taste than billions of other people.  

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, KenterKane said:

No need to panic. Online reactions tend to be extreme.

• Like 3