A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

14 hours ago, Somoset said:

Any predictions/forecasts for SKY HUNTER? 

70-80m OD. Should do at least 7x OD for 500-600m/$75-90m total.  10x+ possible with a good reception

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

What are predictions on The Hitman's Bodyguard?

20m OD  72m/$11m OW  115m/$17m Tot

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

THU
after service fees
War for the Planet  -  24.9m / 532.7m 
Contratiempo  -  8m / 63.5m
Homecoming  -  6.15m / 717.6m
Wolf Warrior 2  -  1.47m / 5,656m
Sword Art Online  -  1.2m / 47.6m

Judging on fact that according to the-numbers sm:h earned 108.050 after THU it seems that they don't add service fees to their number.

6 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

Judging on fact that according to the-numbers sm:h earned 108.050 after THU it seems that they don't add service fees to their number.

They who?  The $108m figure includes service fees.  The difference between fee/no fee is about $8m at this time.

Edited by Awesomer

8 minutes ago, Olive said:

Hollywood only reports numbers with fees, but when we compare with old movies we should take the fees out.

Thanks to Gavin Feng we know that sm:h earned 717.6 mln yuans, and according to the-numbers this movie earned 108 mln $. But 717.6 yuans is more than 108 $, so I'm curious why Gavin and the-numbers show us diffrent numbers. I believe that they have accurate data, they just have to calculate it in diffrent way e.g. Gavin is giving us data after service fees, and the-numbers before service fees. If my theory is wrong, what's the other option? Why Gavin and the-numbers show us diffrent numbers?

6 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

FRI

after service fees

War for the Planet  -  24m / 557.5m 

Hitman's Bodyguard  -  22.36m
Contratiempo  -  7.45m / 71.07m
Homecoming  -  6m / 724m
Wolf Warrior 2  -  1.02m / 5,657m

Maoyan has "much" higher numbers for Everything

56 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

FRI

after service fees

War for the Planet  -  24m / 557.5m 

Hitman's Bodyguard  -  22.36m
Contratiempo  -  7.45m / 71.07m
Homecoming  -  6m / 724m
Wolf Warrior 2  -  1.02m / 5,657m

System went wrong. Apes should be around 27m. SMH 6.9m. Bodyguard 25.4m.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

Thanks to Gavin Feng we know that sm:h earned 717.6 mln yuans, and according to the-numbers this movie earned 108 mln $. But 717.6 yuans is more than 108 $, so I'm curious why Gavin and the-numbers show us diffrent numbers. I believe that they have accurate data, they just have to calculate it in diffrent way e.g. Gavin is giving us data after service fees, and the-numbers before service fees. If my theory is wrong, what's the other option? Why Gavin and the-numbers show us diffrent numbers?

Well, with current ER (6.59), 717.6 m Yuan is in fact $108.8m... Both numbers are the same.

1 hour ago, peludo said:

Well, with current ER (6.59), 717.6 m Yuan is in fact $108.8m... Both numbers are the same.

Maybe you're right but i don't think it's possible. If they used actual ER they would have to change their numbers from many countries everyday. 

According to BOM SM:H earned 69.240 in first weekend, and they use 6.4944 as their ER, according to the numbers this movie earned 69,01 in first weekend so they couldn't use 6.59 as their ER. Besides Gavin Feng on his twitter is showing diffrent number than the-numbers. 

https://twitter.com/weier1231997/status/910879465495916544

Edited by weresweresweres