Sunday est after service fees
Coco  -  112.6m/500.2m -11.2%

Justice League  -  18.7m / 654.7m -28%
Fireworks(Japan) - 12.95M/70.55M -60%
Darkest Hour - 5.88M/14.04m +8.2%
Viking(Russia)  -  2.05m/11.55m -53%

- Coco Sunday drop is on par with Zootopia(-11.8%), FSS is up 147% vs OW
- Normal drop for JL, will cross 100M USD on Monday

What finish range can we expect for Coco now?

1 hour ago, mredman said:

JL over 100 million thats a huge deal and milestone for DCEU to build on. They fally grabbed the china audience

They could have gotten 150m..if Donnie Yen didn't turn down a role in JL.

Trust me. I have my sources.

Anyway it is what it is. :) 100m is a huge achievement already.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Donnie Yen did not help Rogue One from falling significantly from SW7. Why would his presence boost JL by 50m?

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Donnie Yen did not help Rogue One from falling significantly from SW7. Why would his presence boosted JL by 50m?

Star Wars films are so toxic in China that I'm not sure anyone could save them. :P

Who knows, perhaps SW at some point will get its moment like Pixar is having right now.

Edited by NCsoft

4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Star Wars films are so toxic in China that I'm not sure anyone could save them. :P

Who knows, perhaps SW at some point will get its moment like Pixar is having right now.

SW7 made 124m in China which is more than all DCEU movies and many MCU movies. Thats a lot of money for toxic movies. 

Still my point stands. Presence of Donnie Yen alone would not have given JL another 50m. That is absurd

15 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Donnie Yen did not help Rogue One from falling significantly from SW7. Why would his presence boosted JL by 50m?

He helpt xXx: Return of Xander Cage make 1.1B yuan

Spoiler

Just joking.

• Astonished 1

38 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

yeah it really is great for DCEU to finally have a movie over 100 million

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

SW7 made 124m in China which is more than all DCEU movies and many MCU movies. Thats a lot of money for toxic movies. 

Still my point stands. Presence of Donnie Yen alone would not have given JL another 50m. That is absurd

Well, it depends on from which angle you're looking at. TFA did do fairly well, TFA was also one of the most anticipated film globally in this century, when it was released in China, it had that "surpassing Avatar in North America" thing going for it, as well as lots of marketing. The measuring stick for what is arguably the biggest franchise in the world should be better than doing about the same as "X-men Apocalypse".

If we look at Rogue one's performance even with Donnie Yen, we could see that  A dog's purpose, The Mummy, Resident Evil 6 all did more, and Geostorm almost did as much. Pretty toxic I'd say for the biggest brand in the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

Well, it depends on from which angle you're looking at. TFA did do fairly well, TFA was also one of the most anticipated film globally in this century, when it was released in China, it had that "surpassing Avatar in North America" thing going for it, as well as lots of marketing. The measuring stick for what is arguably the biggest franchise in the world should be better than doing about the same as "X-men Apocalypse".

If we look at Rogue one's performance even with Donnie Yen, we could see that  A dog's purpose, The Mummy, Resident Evil 6 all did more, and Geostorm almost did as much. Pretty toxic I'd say for the biggest brand in the world.

I guess that nothing can be liked in the same way everywhere. The 45-55 DOM-OS ratio of TFA is a very good proof of it. Star Wars is, by miles, the biggest brand in USA, but not everywhere.

9 minutes ago, peludo said:

I guess that nothing can be liked in the same way everywhere. The 45-55 DOM-OS ratio of TFA is a very good proof of it. Star Wars is, by miles, the biggest brand in USA, but not everywhere.

Yeah, and I doubt the DOM/OS ratio will be much different either for TLJ, if anything, maybe even closer to 50-50 because I suspect oversea drop might be harsher than domestic drop.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

DL's report of Coco China performance:

In holds, the China performance truly is impressive. After a $17.8M start and lots of social sentiment last frame, this week saw each weekday increase before the sophomore session’s $44.2M. That’s 148% above the opening frame and ranks as the 2nd highest second weekend ever for an animated release in China behind only Zootopia. Recall that Zootopia was a massive hit last year with $235M in Middle Kingdom coin. Coco is already the highest grossing Pixar release ever in China and third highest Pixar/Disney release after only Zootopia and Big Hero 6. Fun fact: The second weekend $44.2M China gross, if ranked against animated opening weekends, would stand at No. 3 all-time, behind only opening frames of Despicable Me 3 and Kung Fu Panda 3.

Deadline.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mredman said:

JL over 100 million thats a huge deal and milestone for DCEU to build on. They fally grabbed the china audience

Don't want to be a dick but.. bvs made 95M$ so 110M$ is not much more, don't think the increase is as high as the market growth in the last few years. 

5 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

How exactly is he a draw ?

With Jackie/Stephen I can still somewhat say it by glancing over their recent projects

Donnie's last film - Chasing the Dragon beat Jackie Chan's the Foreigner. Opened on the same date.

5 hours ago, Assie said:

Don't want to be a dick but.. bvs made 95M$ so 110M$ is not much more, don't think the increase is as high as the market growth in the last few years. 

How much of that increase would be the added service fee (or does the 110M is before them ?)