A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

8 minutes ago, jb007 said:

What time do you check for PS? Midnight?

I checked Around 10-11 where it was at 7,4~ish and then again at 3,30 AM where it was 8,5

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jb007 said:

What time do you check for PS? Midnight?

they usually stop rolling in at 1am

43 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I checked Around 10-11 where it was at 7,4~ish and then again at 3,30 AM where it was 8,5

its going to get close to 9m at 1am

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, POTUS said:

they usually stop rolling in at 1am

its going to get close to 9m at 1am

Yep. But a 10% increase on tuesday is not all that realistic. Its not Dangal.

My guess is 2-5% drop

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Yep. But a 10% increase on tuesday is not all that realistic. Its not Dangal.

My guess is 2-5% drop

What can you tell me on Black Panther, PR2 and Tomb Raider. What will their final gross be there for them likely?

28 minutes ago, svenson said:

What can you tell me on Black Panther, PR2 and Tomb Raider. What will their final gross be there for them likely?

Around this 

BP 105 mill

PR2 98 mill

TR 80 mill

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, svenson said:

BP and TR is the standouts here. Don't think anybody thought they would do this well in China.

BP, TR, and PRU also have bad word-of-mouth. The effect will be fully felt in BP2, TR2, and PR3 (if they decide to have one).

1 hour ago, svenson said:

BP and TR is the standouts here. Don't think anybody thought they would do this well in China.

This. PRU is a big bomb there's no other way around it. Even if they manage to get it hit 100M for US headline bragging, it's well below what they expected, since the movie was made for this market, and under the first PR. While RPO is doing what PRU was supposed to. Complete humiliation considering that RPO had pop cultural references that are unknown to the market (aka wasn't trying to pander it in any way) and yet the movie connected. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

62/58/80/170/180/130/65=745m 2nd week, 1130m by Sunday, following a 300m 3rd week, then a 150m 4th week, 1650m-finish, needing an extension and May holiday to break 1700m.

Being a little lowkey, 62/58/80/160/170/120/60=710m 2nd week, thus revising a finish towards 1580m-finish without extension.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 8
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, firedeep said:

62/58/80/170/180/130/65=745m 2nd week, 1130m by Sunday, following a 300m 3rd week, then a 150m 4th week, 1650m-finish, needing an extension and May holiday to break 1700m.

Being a little lowkey, 62/58/80/160/170/120/60=710m 2nd week, thus revising a finish towards 1580m-finish without extension.

the former looks about right, i think sunday holds a bit tighter though

its tracking to 29m to 1630 which was the midpoint yesterday. 58m today. tight hold, in line with sundays tight hold.

a bump on on both days would have meant uber numbers, but these holds, holiday and high show count will still get it above 1.6b/$250m 

PS tracking to 12.5m for tomorrow for a 38% bump to 78m. I thought it could be flat on wed with show loss but it is dropping small from 38% to 32%.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, peludo said:

If 1.6b become true, RPO will be the 4th biggest Hollywood film ever in China, just behind F8 (2.67b), F7 (2.426b) and TF4 (1.976b).

Will also become the biggest non-sequel if it overtakes Zootopia which looks likely atm.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

¥1,600M could potentially make it be the best import movie of 2018.:ph34r:

That would not be very good for IW and JW2... What do you think both films can make? Maybe the same than Ultron and JW1? I sincerely thought JW2 could explode after good reception of the first part, but if you say this...