A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Both BR2049 and Annihilation are great, and I'm sure many Chinese moviegoers will agree.

It is hard to believe that Annihilation would open to $20M, that would be fantastic.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Blade Runner opened in China already and only grossed 11M with a 7.2 maoyan score.

Edited by YLF

3 minutes ago, YLF said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but Blade Runner opened in China already and only grossed 11M with a 7.2 maoyan score.

I was talking about Annihilation (opening soon apparently), and $11M wouldn't even be that bad for that movie.

8 minutes ago, The Dark Rock said:

All these are quite subjective and up for debate. If Arrival is masterpiece then BR2 is in same category going by RT and IMDB. Offcourse personal preferences on this board will keep varying

BR2 has a A+ cinematography, acting, production design, sound, special effects but to me it falls apart when it comes to the story, especially the third act. 

(sorry for the off topic btw)

Edited by XO21
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, YLF said:

Haha I never got the chance to see BR2049. Are they similar? I can't handle another annihilation lol.

nah, BR2049 is at least ten times as boring as Annihilation. at least Annihilation has one tense scene. BR is a complete snooze. also its 10x longer than Annihilation which makes it worse

• ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Today 109.2 at 6 PM. A drop of 8.7%. Should end up with 145 for the day. 

that would give $120 + $23 (145 yuan) = $146 cume

656 yuan / $104 away from $250. How likely does it seem now?

19 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I would think $225M is guranteed. But I will defer to CBO experts like olive, firedeep, POTUS, fmpro and others. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

WC          RPO

Tu       50m        52m

We     251          80

Th      299        160

Fr       217        160

Sa      137        110

Su       74          66

Tot  1028        1133

Mo      48           37

Tu       41          34 

We      36          30

Th       33          27

Fr        40          40

Sa       66          70

Su       54          54

Lets see how it follows @POTUSchart the next few days before locking anything over 220 mill ish. 

200 mill is locked,signed and sealed, 225 mill is very likely and 250 mill is still in the wind

• Like 3

RP1 with about 10% drop today for 147-148. PS for tomorrow down nearly 50% as of right now although will increase over night. 

Hindi Medium nearly flat from yesterday with nearly 39m Yuan. PS down about 40% from yesterday right now

PRU very lucky to have the holidays otherwise it would surely have missed 100m usd. Right now it could get there but will be a struggle. It will definitely not pass BP. 

• Like 1