A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

49 minutes ago, svenson said:

Where is BP, TR and PRU on at the moment in US dollars and where are they ending up now ?

as of the weekend, Black Panther is 105M (and its finished its run), Tomb Raider is 78M (and nearly finished), PRU is 90M

• Like 1

4 hours ago, POTUS said:

running at 12m per hour now, not sure if it will boost prime time since its a holiday and PS could reduce the 2100-2200 hour run.

I think 170ish.

I think PS are ahead for tomorrow.

$250m has been in play all week, a bump tomorrow means a 45m+ monday and would damn near lock it

Yeah. It was stronger earlier today. Evening is slower. Looks around 170 mill

Still a fantastic number

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Yeah. It was stronger earlier today. Evening is slower. Looks around 170 mill

Still a fantastic number

and it slowed even more. 161m as PS suggested, 100% over yesterday as we forecasted. That midafternoon push fakes us out too many times. Thats why I use the 1200-100 run rate. Was asleep then though.

PS on track for 27m for tomorrow. Slightly above yesterday. Expecting 165-170m. PS multi has been 6.2

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, POTUS said:

and it slowed even more. 161m as PS suggested, 100% over yesterday as we forecasted. That midafternoon push fakes us out too many times. Thats why I use the 1200-100 run rate. Was asleep then though.

PS on track for 27m for tomorrow. Slightly above yesterday. Expecting 165-170m

Yeah. You`re right. My bad. I have seen it before but havent learned the lesson i guess :).

Beyond RPO (amazing run), I see there is a film called Hindi Medium (9.1 rate), which I guess is from India. It is ranking second (today close to 40m Yuan) and according Maoyan is heading to close to $50m total.

45 minutes ago, peludo said:

Beyond RPO (amazing run), I see there is a film called Hindi Medium (9.1 rate), which I guess is from India. It is ranking second (today close to 40m Yuan) and according Maoyan is heading to close to $50m total.

Hindi Medium is a good movie. I didn't like the ending which became way too preachy, but everything to that point was very real and well done.

• Like 1

China Box Office Apr.5
Ready Player One - $26.3M / $119.76M +104%
Hindi Medium - $6.38M / $9.79M +89%
The Snow Queen 3: Fire and Ice - $2.73M / $2.75M NEW
Pacific Rim: Uprising - $2.25M / $94.44M +152%
Wrath of Silence - $1.65M / $2.98M
Nuts - $1.21M / $2.91M

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Seems like a decent shot to the arm for PRU. Might get lucky and get 100+m.

Yeah, looks like holidays came to its rescue so they'll get the bragging headlines "PRU crosses 100M in China! Success of the millennium!" they so desperately wanted. Just don't pass BP.

44 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Annihilation opening next friday, should be $20m+ OW

Cant wait to see the maoyan score for that... if they thought BP was boring. Annihlation(to me) is on another level.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Annihilation or BR2049, what puts China to sleep faster? ;)

Haha I never got the chance to see BR2049. Are they similar? I can't handle another annihilation lol.