A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

20 minutes ago, boyamama said:

lol@ all holdover show time...bumblebee drop to 15 shows...AQM to 8 and white snake to 29 shows....

That's idiotic TBH. I mean its understandable that new releases deserve show times, but its not that they are filling every fucking show. One show to a holdover at a location won't hurt the new release, and most likely that show will be full.

30 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That's idiotic TBH. I mean its understandable that new releases deserve show times, but its not that they are filling every fucking show. One show to a holdover at a location won't hurt the new release, and most likely that show will be full.

what more surprise me is how they reduce the white snake show..isn't that a chinese movie too......

Number of reviews on Douban for Wandering Earth is increasing rapidly... I think we can expect a Maoyan score any minute now since midnights have just finished.

EDIT: Over 5k now and %s compared to other movies are out:

5 stars 43.4% 
4 stars 39.1% 
3 stars 12.6% 
2 stars 2.9% 
1 star 2.0% 
Edited by feasby007
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

6 hours ago, boyamama said:

what more surprise me is how they reduce the white snake show..isn't that a chinese movie too......

Distributors of new release pay money to theaters to have more showtimes for their own movies , some also reduce the share of BO. So new releases are always dominating in this market.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

TWE up to 9,3 on Maoyan. Breakout coming as “some” of us predicted

TWE shows increasing from 11.5 to 15% tomorrow and is #2 in PS

Crazy Alien has a decent PTA for today and tomorrow. Could be a race. We'll see how much the gap narrows over the next 2 days

Boonie bears stepping up from 5 to 3

BO on track to break 1500m/$222m with a 70m per hour rate

1600m/$237m possible if run rate can hold until 10pm. A lot of sales will run thru MN too. 5 movies with 8.7 to 9.3 rating should help with more walkups tonight and good holds for overall BO dailies for the holidays

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1