A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

33 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The start is low so I guess doesn't matter, but good enough to beat F9 WW.

But fuck China film board. November is wasteland, they have a potential $300M film release, and they are releasing "who asked for it" Jungle Cruise, Snake Eye, blah blah.

Fucking release Venom 2 already.

their drugs are definately on another level, a re-release of fast 9 would do better than these......

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

At 19:15 CST

NTTD : ¥36.8M /¥39.1M

TBALC : ¥20.5M /¥5396M

Dune : ¥5M /¥185.5M

TBALC lose Market share from 42% - 27.6%.

¥150M weekend for NTTD ?

¥100M for TBALC / ¥5475M total ?

I was thinking of a drop a little lower for TBALC but whatever.

11 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

Well, for Dune too, tough to make money if your screens are taken away. Looked good legs before that. Some strange market dynamics.

Eh, it’s easy to make money with fewer screens if demand is there for high occupancy, in which case you gain more screens back. It’s a very smooth system for the most part, much prefer it to Triassic screen booking system in DOM.

• Like 1

Just now, Avatar Legion said:

Eh, it’s easy to make money with fewer screens if demand is there for high occupancy, in which case you gain more screens back. It’s a very smooth system for the most part, much prefer it to Triassic screen booking system in DOM.

I don't know if it's a bug or not. But is it normal that every time you write a message, below it I see a quote from Charlie Jatinder from March 24, 2019 on AEG ?

19 minutes ago, LPLC said:

¥150M weekend for NTTD ?

¥100M for TBALC / ¥5475M total ?

I was thinking of a drop a little lower for TBALC but whatever.

TBALC running little more than half of NTTD

NTTD OD at ¥42M at 20:15 CST, makes $20-$25M+ weekend possible. But, despite of poor pre-sale, for sure, NTTD will enjoy a better weekend than Dune

Edited by Issac Newton
Seperated paragraph to avoid confusion

11 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

TBALC running little more than half. NTTD OD at ¥42M at 20:15 CST, makes $20-$25M+ weekend possible. But, despite of poor pre-sale, for sure, NTTD will enjoy a better weekend

Probably a 48m+ friday, should have a dump on saturday as well. At 20.30 it has rougly matched it's ps of the OD at 03.00 this morning.

Edited by pepsa

53 minutes ago, Avatar Legion said:

Makes sense, although more supply can also drive sales up, but knowing how advanced all everyday life digital systems in China are I wouldn't be surprised that they have the best optimizing systems for this too.

Quick question: would Eternals gotten a release in China without Chloé Zhao's interview due to the uncuttable LGBT content?

I read sometime ago in news that Chinese government is taking a bit harder stance in the future for that kind of content. Hopefully not going into extremes like in Russia. If I understand right, Eternals got R rating there due to that and the current "no LGBT content to minors" law. A bit surprised that they didn't censor the whole movie there.

Is this going to be a bigger problem in the Chinese film market for foreign films too?