baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

The 50 K was for the weekend, not the day.

Ah, corrected, then.Still, where's this phenomenal WOM for the holdovers? Ralph, Flight and Argo have very average, I would say awful holds, given the non-competition and WOM. At least the latter has already held well for three weeks. Look at the godawful Taken 2 dropping 35%. Don't know why it hasn't died. At least PA4, HT and SH2 starting to tank.
  • Like 1

Ah, corrected, then.Still, where's this phenomenal WOM for the holdovers? Ralph, Flight and Argo have very average, I would say awful holds, given the non-competition and WOM. At least the latter has already held well for three weeks. Look at the godawful Taken 2 dropping 35%. Don't know why it hasn't died. At least PA4, HT and SH2 starting to tank.

I don't see their holds as being bad at all. Ralph is going to drop about 35%, that is phenominal. Flight and Argo are both hit by Skyfall. 80 mill is still a lot of people that are not going to see those two films.
  • Like 1

Ah, corrected, then.Still, where's this phenomenal WOM for the holdovers? Ralph, Flight and Argo have very average, I would say awful holds, given the non-competition and WOM. At least the latter has already held well for three weeks.Look at the godawful Taken 2 dropping 35%. Don't know why it hasn't died. At least PA4, HT and SH2 starting to tank.

Holds are solid for most of the movies.

I don't see their holds as being bad at all. Ralph is going to drop about 35%, that is phenominal. Flight and Argo are both hit by Skyfall. 80 mill is still a lot of people that are not going to see those two films.

Didn't you said last weekend that Skyfall wouldn't affect Flight? :ph34r:
  • Like 1

Didn't you said last weekend that Skyfall wouldn't affect Flight? :ph34r:

I did, but then someone put me in place and showed me that the demographics were identical. So I apologized and took it back.

Oh... I see. Sorry for bringing that up again.

Hahahaha...it's okay.....I certainly don't know everything there is to know about box office....in fact, I think I'm learning that I really don't know shit about it. :)

It is possible for the Sunday numbers to be higher than expected. Sunday is Nov. 11th - Veteran's Day. Many schools and public institutions will have off Monday, Nov. 12th as a result. This may increase the Sunday numbers and inflate the Monday numbers as well. "Skyfall" may indeed break $90M as a result.

It is possible for the Sunday numbers to be higher than expected. Sunday is Nov. 11th - Veteran's Day. Many schools and public institutions will have off Monday, Nov. 12th as a result. This may increase the Sunday numbers and inflate the Monday numbers as well. "Skyfall" may indeed break $90M as a result.

Nope, the numbers are based on a small drop already for Sunday. QOS fell 43%, they are projecting SF to ease by about 30%.

Monday is observed as Veterans Day in the U.S. The actual holiday falls on Sunday but most have Monday off. Lincoln Sqaure IMAX is sold out till Monday morning.Thurs: 2.5MFriday: 30MSaturday: 27MSunday: 21M78M OW + 2.5M Thurs = 80.5MSo we're looking at borderline 80M for the weekend?What if Saturday has an increase? Is that even possible?

• Like 1