Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

11 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

One thing I notice about this movie is that the parent of Legendary is now Wanda Group. It will be showing in Wanda Group theaters in China. A lot of it was shot at Wanda Group's studio in China (before they sold it).  So I start to wonder how much money it could really lose.

In the US, movie studios are severely limited by law when it comes to owning movie theaters. Been that way since 1948,when the Supreme Court ruled that the major studios owning large theater chains was a violation of Anti Trust laws. Until that time, huge studio owned movie chains dominated the theater market,making it very hard for independent producers to get their films in theaters.

I really like the first one for dumb fun. But im also a massive Kaiju Eiga Fan and seen a lot of anime stuff (PacRim is basically the best live-action-anime movie of all time), but in that way i was always going to like it purely because of the subject matter.

Once i get past that and try to see it just as a movie - yeah it looks cool and the camera is very nice but holy shit the characters. Besides Ron Perlman, theres is like -  nothing. Idris Elba is entertaining i guess. Story is shit, there are so many plotholes and logical errors (the entire Wall Thing was so stupid, liek these things destroy citys, you really think a fucking wall can protect you. Idiots). The Fights are cool, but you cant really see them, so they are a bit frustrating. Also, after the Honkong Fight, the movie just drags on and the Underwater ending is - ehh - boring and goes on for too long.

As i said, i really like it, but its not a good movie. Im really glad though that it exists.

Pacific Rim 2 otoh looks like absolute trash. Kill it with fire. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

(the entire Wall Thing was so stupid, liek these things destroy citys, you really think a fucking wall can protect you. Idiots).

...that indeed was the point. :lol: Who says people are always logical? Without getting into politics, there's a lot of obvious examples right now.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

...that indeed was the point. :lol: Who says people are always logical? Without getting into politics, there's a lot of obvious examples right now.

Ofc people and especially politicans do stupid things all the time, but this was just too extreme for me. Its like if someone had the idea to built a wall to keep people from another country out and expect THAT country to pay for this stupid wall as well. I mean, nobody would have such a ridiculous....idea...

Oh...

Oh, wait....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I get why people might not like PR. I dig it because it's beautiful and immaculately crafted and it's a lot of goofy fun (even though I'm not a diehard kaiju fanatic). But it's a pretty narrow subgenre and admittedly Hunnam is kinda flat and the story/character arcs are all pretty standard and we've seen 'em before, lots of times. But in terms of story structure, payoffs, and yes, even the character arcs themselves, they're all very solid. In that regard, it's not dissimilar to AVATAR. (AVATAR does have a much bigger emotional payoff delivered at the big end-climax, granted).

• Like 7

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

didn't you say you wrote an essay on it one time and got a good grade?

PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena

Edited by Trolltastic Tele
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Trolltastic Tele said:

PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena

can you do me a favor and actually write an essay on that?  would love to read your analysis on said subject matter.  thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I don't intend to rock the boat by writing this letter, but I do need to let people know that I am totally shocked and appalled that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena could voice the sorts of gross lies and historical misrepresentations that it so often does. The key point of the following exposition is that I don't know what bothers me most about PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena. Is it its specious arguments, its illogical reasoning, its obscurantist claims, its unreasonable speculations, or any of the many forms of pseudoscholarship we see in its propositions? In any case, PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena has a certain fondness for obscene falsifiers. If you don't understand that simple fact then you haven't a clue as to why it has been forcing people to act in ways far removed from the natural patterns of human behavior. Fortunately, I can provide a simple explanation: PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena is sincerely up to something. I don't know exactly what, but I could write a hundred letters about how it never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity to encourage opportunity, responsibility, and community. I can tell innumerable stories about its desire to transmogrify society's petty gripes and irrational fears into “issues” to be catered to. And I can show you that I inarguably hate how it shows such callous indifference to those whose lives it's ruined. Regardless of what I do, however, PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena has employed a number of vexatious schemes to convince the public that diabolism is a wonderful thing. Most recently, it's turned towards tugging on people's heartstrings rather than engaging their brains. Its hope is that by telling sad stories about the impacts of gangsterism, people wil forget that if PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena were paying attention—which it would seem it is not, as I've already gone over this—it'd see that Nature is a wonderful teacher. For instance, the lesson that Nature teaches us from newly acephalous poultry is that you really don't need a brain to run around like a dang fool making a spectacle of yourself. Nature also teaches us that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena's reasoning is circular and therefore invalid. In other words, it always begins an argument with its conclusion (e.g., that its writings are a veritable encyclopedia of everything that is directly pertinent to mankind's spiritual and intellectual development) and therefore—not surprisingly—it always arrives at that very conclusion.

It is difficult to exaggerate the emotion and litigation that will flow from any efforts to provide a trenchant analysis of PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena's memoirs. One thing is certain, though: To deny this is to deny science, let alone the evidence of one's own powers of observation. Disguised in this drollery is an important message: An organization is judged by the company it keeps. That's why I urge you to consider the Chaucerian panorama of devil-worshippers in PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena's camp: sniffish wallies, selfish palookas, and disdainful, feral dweebs, to name a few. It's almost as if PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena wants us to think that the nihilism “debate” is not a debate. It is a harangue, a politically motivated, brilliantly publicized, tartarean attack on progressive ideas. Even if scientific evidence established that our freedoms should survive on the crumbs that fall from the banquet table of rowdyism, it would still be the case that it would be good for the press to start paying attention to things like this. We can therefore conclude that all of this adds up to something we've never seen before. Specifically, we've never seen PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena so aggressively plant the seeds of fascism into the tabulae rasae of children's minds. What that implies is that among the many challenges in ensuring social harmony is a bottom-line unawareness of how its witless teachings are meticulously designed to keep the population unaware, uneducated, dumbed down, and focused on stupefying activities like video games. The intention is to prevent people from noticing that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena has been portraying nauseating hammerheads as phlyarologists.

I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena takes micromanagement and operational meddling to a new level. How much more illumination does that fact need before PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena can grasp it? Assuming the answer is “a substantial amount”, let me point out that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena keeps telling us that society will cease to function if we love the Earth and everything that flowers and crawls upon it. This alarmism is counterproductive and largely wrong. The truth is that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena doesn't want us to enlighten the mind of Man and improve him as a rational, moral, and social being. It would rather we settle for the meatless bone of cynicism.

Some amount of criticism is acceptable, even helpful. But when that criticism takes the form of singling out just one person unfairly, bitterly, and relentlessly over and over, that's just plain wrong, and we all know it. Well, PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena obviously doesn't know it, as evidenced by the fact that it likes to kill people and blow people up and attack governments. Such activity can flourish only in the dark, however. If you drag it into the open, PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena and its slaves will run for cover like cockroaches in a dirty kitchen when the light is turned on suddenly during the night. That's why we must shape a world of dignity and harmony, a world of justice, solidarity, liberty, and prosperity.

PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena is driving me nuts. I can't take it anymore! PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena wants to get me thrown in jail. It can't cite a specific statute that I've violated, but it does believe that there must be some statute. This tells me that I am willing to put my neck on the line to get my message about PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena out to the world, so to speak. PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena used to complain about being persecuted. Now it is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena wants to destroy the natural beauty of our parks and forests. Such intolerance is felt by all people, from every background. Okay, I've written enough for one letter, so let me just finish by saying that “sticky-fingered” hardly seems like a strong enough word to describe PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hide contents

I don't intend to rock the boat by writing this letter, but I do need to let people know that I am totally shocked and appalled that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena could voice the sorts of gross lies and historical misrepresentations that it so often does. The key point of the following exposition is that I don't know what bothers me most about PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena. Is it its specious arguments, its illogical reasoning, its obscurantist claims, its unreasonable speculations, or any of the many forms of pseudoscholarship we see in its propositions? In any case, PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena has a certain fondness for obscene falsifiers. If you don't understand that simple fact then you haven't a clue as to why it has been forcing people to act in ways far removed from the natural patterns of human behavior. Fortunately, I can provide a simple explanation: PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena is sincerely up to something. I don't know exactly what, but I could write a hundred letters about how it never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity to encourage opportunity, responsibility, and community. I can tell innumerable stories about its desire to transmogrify society's petty gripes and irrational fears into “issues” to be catered to. And I can show you that I inarguably hate how it shows such callous indifference to those whose lives it's ruined. Regardless of what I do, however, PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena has employed a number of vexatious schemes to convince the public that diabolism is a wonderful thing. Most recently, it's turned towards tugging on people's heartstrings rather than engaging their brains. Its hope is that by telling sad stories about the impacts of gangsterism, people wil forget that if PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena were paying attention—which it would seem it is not, as I've already gone over this—it'd see that Nature is a wonderful teacher. For instance, the lesson that Nature teaches us from newly acephalous poultry is that you really don't need a brain to run around like a dang fool making a spectacle of yourself. Nature also teaches us that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena's reasoning is circular and therefore invalid. In other words, it always begins an argument with its conclusion (e.g., that its writings are a veritable encyclopedia of everything that is directly pertinent to mankind's spiritual and intellectual development) and therefore—not surprisingly—it always arrives at that very conclusion.

It is difficult to exaggerate the emotion and litigation that will flow from any efforts to provide a trenchant analysis of PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena's memoirs. One thing is certain, though: To deny this is to deny science, let alone the evidence of one's own powers of observation. Disguised in this drollery is an important message: An organization is judged by the company it keeps. That's why I urge you to consider the Chaucerian panorama of devil-worshippers in PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena's camp: sniffish wallies, selfish palookas, and disdainful, feral dweebs, to name a few. It's almost as if PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena wants us to think that the nihilism “debate” is not a debate. It is a harangue, a politically motivated, brilliantly publicized, tartarean attack on progressive ideas. Even if scientific evidence established that our freedoms should survive on the crumbs that fall from the banquet table of rowdyism, it would still be the case that it would be good for the press to start paying attention to things like this. We can therefore conclude that all of this adds up to something we've never seen before. Specifically, we've never seen PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena so aggressively plant the seeds of fascism into the tabulae rasae of children's minds. What that implies is that among the many challenges in ensuring social harmony is a bottom-line unawareness of how its witless teachings are meticulously designed to keep the population unaware, uneducated, dumbed down, and focused on stupefying activities like video games. The intention is to prevent people from noticing that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena has been portraying nauseating hammerheads as phlyarologists.

I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena takes micromanagement and operational meddling to a new level. How much more illumination does that fact need before PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena can grasp it? Assuming the answer is “a substantial amount”, let me point out that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena keeps telling us that society will cease to function if we love the Earth and everything that flowers and crawls upon it. This alarmism is counterproductive and largely wrong. The truth is that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena doesn't want us to enlighten the mind of Man and improve him as a rational, moral, and social being. It would rather we settle for the meatless bone of cynicism.

Some amount of criticism is acceptable, even helpful. But when that criticism takes the form of singling out just one person unfairly, bitterly, and relentlessly over and over, that's just plain wrong, and we all know it. Well, PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena obviously doesn't know it, as evidenced by the fact that it likes to kill people and blow people up and attack governments. Such activity can flourish only in the dark, however. If you drag it into the open, PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena and its slaves will run for cover like cockroaches in a dirty kitchen when the light is turned on suddenly during the night. That's why we must shape a world of dignity and harmony, a world of justice, solidarity, liberty, and prosperity.

PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena is driving me nuts. I can't take it anymore! PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena wants to get me thrown in jail. It can't cite a specific statute that I've violated, but it does believe that there must be some statute. This tells me that I am willing to put my neck on the line to get my message about PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena out to the world, so to speak. PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena used to complain about being persecuted. Now it is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena wants to destroy the natural beauty of our parks and forests. Such intolerance is felt by all people, from every background. Okay, I've written enough for one letter, so let me just finish by saying that “sticky-fingered” hardly seems like a strong enough word to describe PACIFIC RIM: A Exploration of Contemporary Psycho-Sexual Relationships in a 21st Century Geo-Political Arena.

Your teacher says:  "C-

I suspect you didn't write this yourself."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Your teacher says:  "C-

I suspect you didn't write this yourself."

They can look through every plagiarism checker they want.  They will never find any evidence that I didn't write it.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Me? Cuz my son is super super excited about it.

They shoulda replaced the cast with kids and done a Stranger Things/Goonies deal but with giant robots. It’s too late for them now but I’m gonna sell Hollywood my idea. It’ll make BILLIONS!!!!!

• ...wtf 2

41 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

what is this tracking to open at? 20m?

Very wide range 20-30M:

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/pacific-rim-uprising-black-panther-streak-1202729298/

For the review embargo, movie will start to play in not too long in some major market I think (it play wednesday early morning their hours for example), must lift around then at the latest if ever.

Edited by Barnack