23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I'm 30, and it slightly drags in some parts now, but I still love this movie and it's still one of my favorite Christmas movies. It's probably only a B/B+ film, but gets a boost to an A from me for nostalgic valve.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 3

Oddly enough, I actually like this movie better these days then when it originally came out. Caulkin really annoyed the crap out of me when I first saw it, and while he still does, there's quite a lot to like here. The ending is of course great, but I find it's the stuff with the scary old man next door that I really connect with. The shot where he's reunited with his family at the end is a good payoff.Watched it for the first time with my 7 & 8 year old kids this Christmas and both liked it quite a bit. Naturally loving the slapstick at the end, but enjoying the full movie as well. Guess it's officially a classic if it can hop generations and still entertain.B

As I've gotten older, this film has grown on me even more.  I liked it when I was younger but as I got older, I realize how much heart it has.  Yes, it's incredibly cartoonish and funny for the last act but the second act is really a great Christmas story about family and what the spirit of the season is all about.  I really love the film.  

9/10

• Like 1