Blankments

CAYOM Year 6 Advance Schedule

I started writing and I can't put everything in one film, so I'm planning a trilogy. The first chapter will be called The Winter War: The Ladoga Karelia. It will open the week before Bond limited, 700 theatres against Bond and expand the next weekend to 1800. That's the only sensible way to do it. Probably won't reach 2000 theatres. Should have nice January legs.

That makes more sense.

I started writing and I can't put everything in one film, so I'm planning a trilogy. The first chapter will be called The Winter War: The Ladoga Karelia. It will open the week before Bond limited, 700 theatres against Bond and expand the next weekend to 1800. That's the only sensible way to do it. Probably won't reach 2000 theatres. Should have nice January legs.

Problem is, Bond could get an increase the weekend Winter War expands to 1,800 locations. People might be more interested in Bond than Fins.

Problem is, Bond could get an increase the weekend Winter War expands to 1,800 locations. People might be more interested in Bond than Fins.

Fins is a foreign language film anyways. So, I doubt it'll matter too much.

Luckily cinemas don't operate on one-film rules them all basic. Bond will obviously do much better business, especially that it's Nolan, but that doesn't stop other films to do well. Especially Christmas time when there're normally 5-6 new openers. If Winter War opens to double digits when it expands that would be a success, whereas Bond will probably do double digit dailies. For this type of film, it doesn't really matter what blockbusters are around anyway, it's targeting the older demo.

Edited by Alfred Unchained
  • Like 1

I'm thinking that Year 7 will be a down year for me. No OCs. Probably one original Blockbuster, and 2 franchise films, and smaller films. Though I expect about 3 200M+ films. Narnia, 39 Clues, and Blockbuster.

Edited by riczhang

Blankments - the Blockbuster

As much as I love this, I can't really accept it, seeing I've yet to have a $300M grosser. :( Although, yes, I do enjoy writing blockbusters most.Can someone clear up April for me? What's going with Assassin's Creed, Burnout, and other movies?

As much as I love this, I can't really accept it, seeing I've yet to have a $300M grosser. :( Although, yes, I do enjoy writing blockbusters most.Can someone clear up April for me? What's going with Assassin's Creed, Burnout, and other movies?

Assassins Creed is on April 1, Burnout on April 8.

I'm pretty sure I can describe every CAYOM player this way:

Numbers - the Oscar Bait

Creator - the Oscar Bait (If Numbers does bad that year)

Spaghetti - the Wild Card

Blankments - the Blockbuster

Alpha (Me) - The Newbie

riczhang - the Historical Epic

WaiT

Year 6 will definitely be a busy year for me. An Oro-esque movie directed by Jackson which is already done, a start of a new franchise starring Cumberbatch, Wishaw, and helmed by Abrams. Then I have a sequel, and two OCs. Then, a planned semi-filler but not really rom-com/mystery movie for August. Got my Blockbusters mostly done, gonna start working on my OCs soon. Hopefully everything on this list will be finished and I can have time to write fillers. :lol:And Hunch, do you mind switching Last Ditch Effort with World of Tomorrow? Thanks.

What, in terms of the date? No, World of Tomorrow is staying where it is.

Other players in this game have released just as many "baity" films as I have. And I don't release Oscar bait every year anyway, Year 3 being an example, this year (if anyone thinks a R-rated war thriller about submarines and special forces and Chinese aggression is bait then they got their Oscar sensors screwed on wrong), and Year 6 will be another.

Now me on the other hand, I'm an Oscar bait whore. I love releasing quirky movies, indie movies, Oscar movies, yada yada yada. That's my jam.