23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Jumanji

I wasn't aware of this when it came out because I was too interested in watching Cliffhanger and Demolition Man on VHS, but this is a fantastic film. I got into it more when my brother got it on VHS a few years later, and it's such a great movie. The CGI and craziness of the story mix really well. It's such an adventure that can grasp the minds' of children and just keep them quiet for a few hours of escapism. It did for me.

A

• Like 2

I watched this quite a bit as a kid, but thinking about it now it's not that great of a film. None of the characters are very likable and the film as a whole has a rather downbeat atmosphere to it that saps away the enjoyment of watching wild animals wreak havoc on a New England town, and the movie's forced attempts at comic relief fall really flat.I give it a B- because it does provide some thrills, but it's not one of Joe Johnston's better works.

If you want everybody to think your way, I guess you must admire Hitler's work of the 1930s and 40s.

Yes, because thinking someone has a bad taste in movies is totally comparable to the holocaust.Also, I don't want you or anyone to "think my way" (how you got that from what I wrote is beyond me), to each his own, but that doesn't mean I can't express my opinion when I think someone has crappy taste in films and poke a little harmless fun now and then (which is what I did above, stop being so sensitive rocko).
  • Like 1

Yes, because thinking someone has a bad taste in movies is totally comparable to the holocaust.Also, I don't want you or anyone to "think my way" (how you got that from what I wrote is beyond me), to each his own, but that doesn't mean I can't express my opinion when I think someone has crappy taste in films and poke a little harmless fun now and then (which is what I did above, stop being so sensitive rocko).

I don't need to tell you that I think your taste in movies is shit. You grade all the pretentious shit highly and look down on everybody else. It's not harmless fun when you are such a film snob.

I wanted to like this, and it's by no means a bad film, just seriously uneven and not one of Robin's better performances. Awesome from a spectacle and clever idea standpoint, but the execution left me wanting. Probably didn't help that I was in my mid-20s when it came out. Memorable as the movie where my dislike of Kirsten Dunst began and continues to this day.B-

I think it's a fun adventure movie. I like Robin Williams in it. I have fond memories of the movie since I first watched it when I was little, though I still think it's pretty entertaining when I saw it on TV recently.

B

• Like 3

• Community Manager

It's pretty hard to be objective about this movie since it's a childhood favorite. What I can say is this: it does have some flaws but ultimately the themes are developed well, it does have some pretty funny bits, and the movie is just fun to watch. The CGI might not have aged well (I remember it being a lot more real when I was little) which holds it back but ultimately....this is a fun movie about redemption.

B+

• Like 1

Movie of my childhood.

Loved it too, it didnt age well SFX wise true, but what its got is heart behind the comedy and wild adventure thanks

to  magnificent Legend Robin Willams.. I give the film a B+ for its heart, rewatchability and  just clean family fun..

Had it had a deeper story, this could have been an A+ caliber film